The Student Room Group

Are these grades enough?

I know that some unis don't look at AS grades but with AABC (will drop the C) is there any point in applying to medicine at a Russel group uni or would I be better off applying for another course? Any help would be appreciated
You should go for it, get predicted A*A*A then achieve it
Original post by sixgreenpeas
I know that some unis don't look at AS grades but with AABC (will drop the C) is there any point in applying to medicine at a Russel group uni or would I be better off applying for another course? Any help would be appreciated

Firstly, the Russel Group is irrelevant for Medicine - all are extremely competitive.*

As long as you're predicted at least AAA at A2 and apply wisely, it's still possible to get offers.*

I think it's a general rule when applying to UCAS your best bet is to apply to one top uni, 2 realistic ones and 2 under just in case.

I don't think AAB is bad. And you might be predicted AAA anyway. I wouldn't apply with any uni that is asking for an A* though.

Well done on your AS results sugar!
Original post by usycool1
Firstly, the Russel Group is irrelevant for Medicine - all are extremely competitive.*

As long as you're predicted at least AAA at A2 and apply wisely, it's still possible to get offers.*

By apply wisely do you mean steer clear of unis that look at AS grades?

Original post by The Empire Odyssey
I think it's a general rule when applying to UCAS your best bet is to apply to one top uni, 2 realistic ones and 2 under just in case.

I don't think AAB is bad. And you might be predicted AAA anyway. I wouldn't apply with any uni that is asking for an A* though.

Well done on your AS results sugar!

Thank you!
By apply wisely do you mean steer clear of unis that look at AS grades?

Thank you!

Exactly*

Quick Reply

Latest