The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone have ocr and aqa mark schmes for chem and nio
Original post by jayeshforce1
I done horrible guys i wanted to do medicine at university
I got CDDD at AS which is bad because my predicted me AABC for A2. I have dropped maths at AS and carrying on with BIO CHEM Physics. Does the maths grade count towards anything because it was not reformed? Anyone have any advice to give me on how to apply to university if i still want to medicine? Any help would be great

If the maths is a D grade dropped at AS it may exclude you from some universities which look at AS grades and require a certain standard if they are taken.

Providing you can get AAA/AAB predicitons (ideally with chem and bio being at an A) you should be able to apply to some med schools. Also note that many medical schools with compare achieved AS to predicted A2, often they will class as being predicted an A from a D as unrealistic im afraid.

The one thing I will say is consider very careful if an achievement of CDDD at AS something which was because you didnt work hard enough or was it for a different reason. Do you really think you can get the A*AA/AAA needed for medicine at A2. I suggest you have a look at your study technique and see where you went wrong. If you would like to discuss this at greater length then please PM me.

It may be a wise idea to consider taking a gap year and applying with achieved A2 grades rather than wasting your time applying when your not very competative, applying with A2 grades means you can focus on getting AAA at A2 without the stress of applications, you can get work experience and voluntary work in your gap year and Achieved Alevels often gets you a better chance of an interview.

Please pm me if you want to speak more about anything.
Hi guys, first of all congratulations to everyone! Also, if anyone has any advice would be much appreciated! So I got ABC but my firm (southampton) wanted ABB. However my C was 3 UMS off a B. I got a priority remark for my edexcel drama paper. Does anyone know if I'm likely to get 2 raw marks?
A*BB .... I'm not a maths man anymore ... :frown: ... RIP me ...
Hi do I still have a chance for Oxford to study Physics if I got A's in Physics, maths and biology and B in English for AS?
Oh, well done anyhoo! :cheers: are you enjoying it? I think the worst part about Results Day is the wait... it drags on forever! :/ Thank you! :smile:
I want to go to the university of birmingham and study chemical engineering would i be able to get in with 3 bs at as level
Original post by Naveed Rahman
Hi guys, first of all congratulations to everyone! Also, if anyone has any advice would be much appreciated! So I got ABC but my firm (southampton) wanted ABB. However my C was 3 UMS off a B. I got a priority remark for my edexcel drama paper. Does anyone know if I'm likely to get 2 raw marks?

I'm afraid none of us know as we've not seen your paper!
Reply 8908
Original post by debs20153
I want to go to the university of birmingham and study chemical engineering would i be able to get in with 3 bs at as level

possible depending on your schools predictions
Original post by PQ
YAY!

Oh I see

(sorry it's all a bit dribs and drabs let me check I understand: Warwick is your firm with an AAB offer, you got ABC and they've rejected you. You're now unconditional with your insurance (?) but because Warwick are asking for ABB for your course in clearing you're trying to get back to them?
If that's the case then I'm afraid you're unlikely to be successful. You can try re-ringing or asking to speak to someone more senior but I wouldn't hold out much hope - they wont have rejected you without consideration about whether they can take you with those grades - there's a good chance that they have evidence that people with ABC (or a C in that subject) are likely to fail or drop out of the course)

Sigh yeah that's the situation, I'll call up but my hopes won't be high
So I got my results and got the grades required to get in but UCAS still hasn't updated. I phoned the uni and they said it is due to a high number of applications and they are still considering my place, it should be sorted within 2 days.

Is this normal? If for some reason I dont get in will I even have time to go through clearing as I really dont want to go to my insurance now?
Reply 8911
Original post by JohnGreek
Got into LSE today, but with results a bit lower than expected. Oh well - onwards and upwards!

@JodieHarriett18 @Antigone How did you guys fare?

what course and by how much did you miss?
Hi I got AAAA in maths biology chemistry history but C in critical thinking, do I have to put the C on my ucas?? Is it too late to not have it cashed in, and how can I tell if it's been cashed in?
Wanting to apply for dentistry
Ok could really do with some help.

I got my grades which were AAB but my fourth grade I believe is messed up.

It's for AS OCR Photography and it said Unclassified with 0 points next to it - despite me sitting both five hour exams, submitting 2 FULL folders worth of work complete with editing, scamps, mind maps, plans, final images and more!

This can't be right, surely?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know its just that i need to get at least one a star and i want to know how it would look to birmingham
Ahh noo, I hope and pray it goes up! But if not is there anything I can do to show Southampton University, I deserve a place on the course?
Thanks for the help!
Original post by Jitesh
Hi I got AAAA in maths biology chemistry history but C in critical thinking, do I have to put the C on my ucas?? Is it too late to not have it cashed in, and how can I tell if it's been cashed in?
Wanting to apply for dentistry

The C in critical thinking wont usually matter as they will look at your other academic subjects first, and often they dont look at it at all because they exclude it from all requirements.

Fab set of results, hope dentistry goes amazing!
Original post by Natalierm2707
The C in critical thinking wont usually matter as they will look at your other academic subjects first, and often they dont look at it at all because they exclude it from all requirements.

Fab set of results, hope dentistry goes amazing!

Do you know by chance which unis to avoid?
Such a joke of a subject!
Original post by Louise12307
Ok could really do with some help.

I got my grades which were AAB but my fourth grade I believe is messed up.

It's for AS OCR Photography and it said Unclassified with 0 points next to it - despite me sitting both five hour exams, submitting 2 FULL folders worth of work complete with editing, scamps, mind maps, plans, final images and more!

This can't be right, surely?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Get onto your school, if they are usure call up OCR and ask what has gone on.
Original post by Matt.avf98
Will Unis become more lenient with clearing later in the day? If they can't fill places with their initial entry requirements?

Clearing will be open for at least the next few days. Some unis will place you 'on hold' and as time goes on and they have spaces remaining they will contact you again, however don't rely on this and be aware that popular courses/unis will fill up.

My advice would be to continue ringing around new unis and courses, but to ring back your preferred unis tomorrow (and continue to do so each day) to see if their entry requirements have relaxed, or if they would then offer you a place.

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest