The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by garlicbread23
Does anyone have ocr and aqa mark schmes for chem and nio

These won't be released for a long time. They're kept securely on the exam boards' websites so that teachers can use the exams you just sat as mocks for the year below.
When you've done even worse when you expected :frown: :frown:
Original post by Jitesh
Do you know by chance which unis to avoid?
Such a joke of a subject!

Off the top of my head for medicine yes, but not for dentistry I am afraid. I advise you now to go through each of the dentistry schools admissions policies to find where they stand on this.
Original post by xFloody
So I got my results and got the grades required to get in but UCAS still hasn't updated. I phoned the uni and they said it is due to a high number of applications and they are still considering my place, it should be sorted within 2 days.

Is this normal? If for some reason I dont get in will I even have time to go through clearing as I really dont want to go to my insurance now?

This happened to me only I had slightly missed my offer.
My UCAS didn't update until the Monday after results day saying I had gotten in.
If you've met the offer they gave you there's no reason not to accept you. I'm pretty sure they have to.
Original post by loveleest

Chin up, Hope everything is ok.

Sorry to hear that :frown: Does it affect your university place/applications? If so, are resits an option?
Brother ended up scoring four A's at AS, it's made me really happy :yep:
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
Sorry to hear that :frown: Does it affect your university place/applications? If so, are resits an option?

I got into my uni but they changed my course :frown:
Original post by Natalierm2707
Chin up, Hope everything is ok.

Not really, no. Thanks though hun x
How do I accept my offer?
Original post by usycool1
Brother ended up scoring four A's at AS, it's made me really happy :yep:

That's brilliant :smile:
They were bloody strict as hell this year ... have we done something to offend them hense their behaviour ? .... #BlameHitlerReactsVideos xD
Original post by Vannzzoo
Sigh yeah that's the situation, I'll call up but my hopes won't be high

Fingers crossed
Got AAAB in Maths, Politics, History and Biology!!

(AS year)
Original post by OrdinaryStudent

A Clearing offer? If you have an offer from a university you can add your Clearing choice to your UCAS Track after 3pm today.
Not really, no. Thanks though hun x

Sorry to hear about them changing your course.x

Is it a change of course offer, or a clearing offer? :smile:
Original post by Natalierm2707
Off the top of my head for medicine yes, but not for dentistry I am afraid. I advise you now to go through each of the dentistry schools admissions policies to find where they stand on this.

I've checked them but they all say as part of an offer i.e. they won't accept it for A2.. do you think that also means they won't accept it for AS? I'll email them to clarify as quite a few people only will be doing 3AS levels so surely it won't be too bad
Does anyone know if I can receive my results other than from my college? I just came back from the airport and college is closed. I am not really sure what to do
I got into my uni but they changed my course :frown:

Oh no, what a shame :frown: Are you doing to do that course, or do you think you'll resit and try again for what you initially applied for?

Was it conditional? If so and you got the grades then it will have been done automatically. Well done and best of luck at university! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest