The Student Room Group

Can I apply to universities that require BBB with my AS grades?

Hello TSR.

Basically, I got ACD today in my AS levels. I know I can do much better than that next year. However, is it possible for me to still apply to Unis that want BBB for example.

Cheers
Original post by jackmacmichael
Hello TSR.

Basically, I got ACD today in my AS levels. I know I can do much better than that next year. However, is it possible for me to still apply to Unis that want BBB for example.

Cheers

you want to be apply to a russel group uni ? and for what course ?
Reply 2
I applied to unis with BCCC at AS and got offers of AAA,AAB and ABB from several unis. Put down AAA as firm but didn't make it as i overloaded and sat the exam poorly (did 11 exams), got into ABB course
Absolutely!

I got BDDU for my AS exams last year and ended up with AAAB this year xD You could definitely achieve BBB with those grades if you do a few retakes:smile:
Original post by TSRPAV
I applied to unis with BCCC at AS and got offers of AAA,AAB and ABB from several unis. Put down AAA as firm but didn't make it as i overloaded and sat the exam poorly (did 11 exams), got into ABB course

Okay so I can apply to quite good unis still? Congrats btw.
Reply 5
Also got offers from Russel group BUT my PS and References were excellent as i worked my butt off majorly that teachers were shocked.
Original post by money-for-all
you want to be apply to a russel group uni ? and for what course ?

Yes ideally, and a business/economics degree.
Original post by IzzyWatkins
Absolutely!

I got BDDU for my AS exams last year and ended up with AAAB this year xD You could definitely achieve BBB with those grades if you do a few retakes:smile:

Wow you smashed it this year. Tbh, I didn't try that hard this year because none of my AS grades count anyway.. But next year I will work much harder. Thanks for the help.
Hello TSR.

Cheers

It really depends on what your teachers will predict you based on your AS results and your mid-term assessments.
Reply 9
Okay so I can apply to quite good unis still? Congrats btw.

Yes but be sensible and apply to a high optimistic uni,a good and high uni that you could reach with work,then a uni that you could get to with the work your doing now, then two slightly lower unis. e.g i applied to unis ranging from Russel group AAA-BBC non Russel group and got all offers.Thanks! whats the course you want to do?
Reply 10
You will be fine btw just read what you said :smile: no sweat just do your research
Wow you smashed it this year. Tbh, I didn't try that hard this year because none of my AS grades count anyway.. But next year I will work much harder. Thanks for the help.

why do you say that?
Original post by CaptainJackFail
why do you say that?

because on the new spec my AS grades dont contribute to my final grade.
Original post by TSRPAV
Yes but be sensible and apply to a high optimistic uni,a good and high uni that you could reach with work,then a uni that you could get to with the work your doing now, then two slightly lower unis. e.g i applied to unis ranging from Russel group AAA-BBC non Russel group and got all offers.Thanks! whats the course you want to do?

Nice one thanks, A business/economics kind of course hopefully.

What subjects did you study?
Original post by CaptainJackFail
What subjects did you study?

geography, business, sociology
Original post by IzzyWatkins
Absolutely!

Could you please tell me what your predicted grades were ?
Thanks

This whole AS grades not counting has started since September 2015 right?
Original post by money-for-all
Could you please tell me what your predicted grades were ?
Thanks

ABC

Quick Reply