The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheMathsMan
A*BB .... I'm not a maths man anymore ... :frown: ... RIP me ...

Those are great grades - any thoughts on what you'd like to do (what was the A* in?)
Hey, ive been given a place at The Uni of Sheffield. I was wondering do i have to confirm this offer in any way, or do i just leave it and will receive emails about my course at a later date. Thanks in advance.
Original post by Jitesh
I've checked them but they all say as part of an offer i.e. they won't accept it for A2.. do you think that also means they won't accept it for AS? I'll email them to clarify as quite a few people only will be doing 3AS levels so surely it won't be too bad

yea I would email them, but usually they do not consider that at all.
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
Oh no, what a shame :frown: Are you doing to do that course, or do you think you'll resit and try again for what you initially applied for?

I most likely would do that course. The course isn't bad it's quite similar but I definitely prefer my initial one
Original post by maggie43
Does anyone know if I can receive my results other than from my college? I just came back from the airport and college is closed. I am not really sure what to do

Ideally this would have been organised in advance. You could have got someone to pick them up for you. Are they open next week for GCSE results? If so, you may be able to go in then. Contact the exams officer at your school if possible.
Oh no, what a shame :frown: Are you doing to do that course, or do you think you'll resit and try again for what you initially applied for?

Was it conditional? If so and you got the grades then it will have been done automatically. Well done and best of luck at university! :smile:

Yeah, my offer changed to unconditional but im unsure what to do now haha
Hey guys, as terrible as they are I'm not ashamed to post them on here ... Can someone please please help me and tell me whether I got an E or a D overall?? I did my AS and A level biology in one year (I've done horrifically but as I'm on the phone to clearing now I just don't understand my overall grade)
(By the way I was predicted an A haha so as you can imagine this is a bit of a shock)
image.jpeg
Original post by loveleest
I most likely would do that course. The course isn't bad it's quite similar but I definitely prefer my initial one

Depending what these two courses are, you *may* be able to transfer. Either way I hope you enjoy the new course and have a good time at university :smile:
I don't understand it at all the "cash in" grade boundaries say it's out of 600 UMS for the whole A level which I think with everything gives me a D overall
Original post by moonandstars
Hey guys, as terrible as they are I'm not ashamed to post them on here ... Can someone please please help me and tell me whether I got an E or a D overall?? I did my AS and A level biology in one year (I've done horrifically but as I'm on the phone to clearing now I just don't understand my overall grade)
(By the way I was predicted an A haha so as you can imagine this is a bit of a shock)
image.jpeg

I think youve got an E overall (the last column)
Original post by OrdinaryStudent
Yeah, my offer changed to unconditional but im unsure what to do now haha

That's it! Your university will contact you in due course I'm sure :smile: At current, their admissions department may be busy with clearing so give them a couple of days for emails to be sent out. Congrats again on getting in!
image.jpeg

It looks like an E overall at A2. Very tough doing it all in one year!
Depending what these two courses are, you *may* be able to transfer. Either way I hope you enjoy the new course and have a good time at university :smile:

Transfer to my initial one? and Thank you
Somehow got into the university of manchester life sciences foundation course with BBC, so I can then transfer onto my original choice of biomedical science with german after a year! Over the moon🎉
Original post by PQ
Those are great grades - any thoughts on what you'd like to do (what was the A* in?)

The A* was in a BTEC xD .. and I'm not sure what to do ... maybe get a Subway Sandwich for starters xD
That's it! Your university will contact you in due course I'm sure :smile: At current, their admissions department may be busy with clearing so give them a couple of days for emails to be sent out. Congrats again on getting in!

Thanks so much!
Original post by Jessica Starfell
Hey, ive been given a place at The Uni of Sheffield. I was wondering do i have to confirm this offer in any way, or do i just leave it and will receive emails about my course at a later date. Thanks in advance.

As long as it says sheffield has confirmed your place on track then you just have to wait for further details now :smile:

image.jpeg

I don't understand it at all the "cash in" grade boundaries say it's out of 600 UMS for the whole A level which I think with everything gives me a D overall

Go off the cash in grade.
Are predicted grades usually above AS grades
I've just worked it out haha sorry guys thanks though. It's an E. This day is so not how I thought it was going to turn out
Original post by debs20153
Are predicted grades usually above AS grades

Usually teachers are happy to predict up to one grade above what you achieved at AS :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest