The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by moonandstars
Hey guys, as terrible as they are I'm not ashamed to post them on here ... Can someone please please help me and tell me whether I got an E or a D overall?? I did my AS and A level biology in one year (I've done horrifically but as I'm on the phone to clearing now I just don't understand my overall grade)
(By the way I was predicted an A haha so as you can imagine this is a bit of a shock)
image.jpeg

You should have got a paper before that which said your overall grade?
I got into my firm but I want to go to a different uni. However, Im 20 UCAS points off the clearing requirement for the other uni.
I have called them up to ask if there's a point of me rejecting my firm and having them release me to clearing, but all I was told both times when I called was that they have noted it on the system to give me a call from the subject department and that they will call sometime today.

Do I call them up again or do I just call my firm, have them release me into clearing and then call the other uni again to see if they will give me a verbal offer?
Hi,

So I've just got my AS results, got AABB.
I'm dropping Biology (got a B), but keeping Psychology (also a B). Just wondering why we take external exams if they don't even count towards our final A2 grade in the new specification?

Also... I don't know how I feel about my grades, are they good enough? 😞
Original post by CardiffKate
You're welcome! I would advise you to call as soon as possible once you've got your grades and have all your reasons in order. Emails may get a sluggish response as unis are VERY busy at the moment. I take is qmul is your first choice?

Clearing is open for several days, so don't worry, but popular courses/unis will fill up faster. 3pm is not a deadline, but you cannot select a Clearing choice on UCAS Track until that time. You can and should, however start ringing around qmul (and others if necessary) before that time. Here is a useful set of guidelines that might help you. There is a list of UCAS timings at the bottom of the article.

Best of luck! I'm here all day.

Ok, so I got my grades... I got BCD, I needed ABB, and in clearing its saying BBB, according to this: http://search.ucas.com/course/entryrequirements/413738/software-engineering-for-business?Vac=1&AvailableIn=Clearing&Query=Software%20engineering&ProviderQuery=queen%20mary&IsFeatherProcessed=True&ret=providers#coursedetailsmenu

I double checked all the units, not close enough to any higher grades to mention. I know I might have lost QMUL now but I still want to try, how do you think I should approach the call?
Well done everyone! I am so happy with my results, I can't believe it! I got A*AA and an A* in my EPQ. Still really shocked 😄
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TheMathsMan
The A* was in a BTEC xD .. and I'm not sure what to do ... maybe get a Subway Sandwich for starters xD

HA - that's sounds like a plan, some fuel for your brain and your soul (that means you should get cookies too :wink:).

Are you going to have a look around through clearing? Or take a year out to replan/retake/reapply? - or are you still Yr12 and I'm asking silly questions?
Original post by Jessica Starfell
Hey, ive been given a place at The Uni of Sheffield. I was wondering do i have to confirm this offer in any way, or do i just leave it and will receive emails about my course at a later date. Thanks in advance.

If sheffield was one of your choices and show confirmed on Track then you're all set.
Read your AS12 letter on track - there are different letters for different universities explaining if you need to do anything to confirm your place.

Sort out accommodation, buy some fairy lights and an ugly throw blanket, get your student bank account sorted and pack your bags :wink:
Reply 8966
3 marks away from an A in as economics, is it worth a remark??
Original post by katherine9609
I got into my firm but I want to go to a different uni. However, Im 20 UCAS points off the clearing requirement for the other uni.
I have called them up to ask if there's a point of me rejecting my firm and having them release me to clearing, but all I was told both times when I called was that they have noted it on the system to give me a call from the subject department and that they will call sometime today.

Do I call them up again or do I just call my firm, have them release me into clearing and then call the other uni again to see if they will give me a verbal offer?

Great initiative, but I would wait for a call from the department before asking your firm choice to release you into Clearing. 20 UCAS points is not far off and you've shown genuine interest in the uni and the course, so I would things look positive for you, just best not to jump the gun!

Good luck and keep us updated if you have the time :smile:
Well done guys!

I wish each and every one of you all the best for your next adventure whether it be uni, work, gap year etc. I'm over the moon for you all. I feel like a big proud mama bear today :hugs: :hugs:

That depends on how badly you want to go to a different uni, getting released will take time so if you want to switch i d get it sorted quickly.
Is it very hard to change courses whist at uni?
I got my AS maths result and I got an A overall with:
C1-88 UMS
C2-72 UMS
S1-90 UMS
in total i got 250 UMS
is it worth retaking C2 next year ?
Original post by debs20153
Are predicted grades usually above AS grades

Usually by one grade :yep: . You can usually get your teachers to predict you more should you resit some exams.

Original post by Amy A x
Well done everyone! I am so happy with my results, I can't believe it! I got A*AA and an A* in my EPQ. Still really shocked 😄

Well done! :biggrin:

Original post by Mia66
3 marks away from an A in as economics, is it worth a remark??

You can, but also be aware that the remark could go down.

Have your firm uni given you a timescale or a deadline as to when you need to accept or reject their offer?

I wouldn't call up the uni because I'd be thinking (whilst I'm phoning them, they could be phoning me). I'd wait just for now and hear from the other uni you want to go to.

How long as it been? Give it at least 30 mins then phone again.
A*AB...any chance of medicine or nah? I didn't apply last year so I'm applying this year
Original post by victoria98
I got A*A*AA in maths, biology, chemistry and physics respectively. I got into my firm, even though they wanted an A* in chemistry and maths not biology. I was 2 marks away from an A* (one on each paper) in chemistry. Would getting a remark be pointless?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Deffo get remarks, are you mad?!? If you don't get them remarked your deffo gunna regret. So much to gain, nothing to lose.

Congratulations on these stunning results

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Amy A x

Congratulations :smile:
Original post by debs20153
Are predicted grades usually above AS grades

Not necessarily- it will depend on your school.
Original post by loveleest
You should have got a paper before that which said your overall grade?

Hey! I'm an external candidate and the college that distributed my results is a 2/3 hour drive away so I'm having them posted but she emailed me them there - tbh I can't do anything with those grades anyway I have one last resort option but if that's fails I'm going back to college for a year :smile:
Original post by xxvine
Is it very hard to change courses whist at uni?

Depends on the uni, but generally it's not easy.

Quick Reply

Latest