The Student Room Group

History at Oxford with ABBB

I got the A in history and the B's in Chem, Bio and Maths (the maths was really close to an A). I'm really happy with this as I was really ill around Easter time, and it got so bad that I was considering dropping out of A Levels all together. I'll drop either Chem or Bio, and as they're linear, and I'm confident I can get an A in one of them. I also went to a crap high school and got 9A*'s and 6A's at GCSE. Is it still worth applying?
Original post by doglover123
I got the A in history and the B's in Chem, Bio and Maths (the maths was really close to an A). I'm really happy with this as I was really ill around Easter time, and it got so bad that I was considering dropping out of A Levels all together. I'll drop either Chem or Bio, and as they're linear, and I'm confident I can get an A in one of them. I also went to a crap high school and got 9A*'s and 6A's at GCSE. Is it still worth applying?

Grades aren't just an indicator of success. Yes, it makes applying a bit more difficult, but if you have an awesome personal statement and a decent reference, you will be considered :yep: . Definitely keep on applying!

Quick Reply

Latest