The Student Room Group

i hate being a skinny girl! i'm so insecure :/

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Changing Skies
I know how you feel OP. I weigh about 45kg and sometimes feel a bit down about it. I don't think I look really skinny, not unhealthily anyway...I still have a bum somehow, so any fat I have clearly goes there :lol: but you can make your bum bigger so don't feel too bad about that. If you're really insecure about it then try eating better and exercising more I guess.

Posted from TSR Mobile

how pls ? loooool ( I have a bigger bum but want to lose weight on it , just wondering though, if you have a natural and money-free tip you could save thousands of girls self-esteem lol ).
Original post by shawn_o1
idk what it is but some people just don't gain weight no matter how much they eat - they're a special bunch :biggrin:

^ lucky betchs size 8 to size 12 in two years with no personal trainer/exercise/
Original post by boredasf
i think it's easier for people to lose weight.
gaining weight is realllyyy difficult, especially when i don't have much of an appetite :/
i feel full sooo eaily. it's weird.

If you do what I suggest your understanding of how it works will make sense and then you will appreciate what you have to do.

There is a whole section of the forum on MFP for people who are seeking to gain weight.

You have to wnat to gain weight and be ready to commit, pit in the effort and make consistent changes. Until then you wont gain. Its soemthing you cna change yourself guaranteed.
Original post by Changing Skies
I know how you feel OP. I weigh about 45kg and sometimes feel a bit down about it. I don't think I look really skinny, not unhealthily anyway...I still have a bum somehow, so any fat I have clearly goes there :lol: but you can make your bum bigger so don't feel too bad about that. If you're really insecure about it then try eating better and exercising more I guess.

Posted from TSR Mobile

7 stone isn't bad. :confused:
Original post by Mr Smurf
7 stone isn't bad. :confused:

I'm classed as quite underweight in terms of BMI and my doctor said I should aim to put on at least 5kg :tongue: I really don't think I look underweight but who knows.
Being a "curvy girl" isn't a walk in the park either, the problem is that these photoshopped girls give the impression that you should be both curvy but have no fat/ wobbly bits and a flat stomach. The reality is that is impossible when you're genetically predisposed to store fat in certain areas. Everyone has their hang ups, so there's no point dwelling on things that can't be changed. Chances are no one even notices or cares about how skinny you are because they're too busy thinking about their own flaws.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hashtosh302
just eat more and no excercise, its as simple as that

I already do no exercise. And eating more? Given that I eat pretty much every waking moment, that will be difficult but I can try. Maybe I can also eat in my sleep...
Original post by stefano865
I like skinny. So long as it is healthy. :u:

Being treated like a girl rather than a grown woman must be annoying. You have my sympathy.

- You definitely need to improve your diet. Quit the junk food. Focus on good sources of protein (meat, eggs) and vegetables. 'Huel' is an option if you can't be bothered to cook. https://huel.com

- Do squats if you're insecure about your bum.

- I guess leg-lengthening surgery is a last resort if your height bothers you that much.

I just did some research on this "huel". Why have I not heard of this before now?
I hate being small and skinny! i'm 22 years old, 5ft, and my bum is sooo flat! ffs.
i have alright boobs, but guys don't seem to care about boobs anymore -___- lol

i hate looking like a little girl! the other day i went to buy some paracetamol and i got asked to show ID.... like wtf! i'm 22!!!

recently i have lost my appetite, and i don't really eat healthy food. i'm very picky.. i don't like vegetables :/ i eat a lot of junk food but i'm starting to realise that i need to change my diet.

i feel as though guys don't like skinny girls. i keep seeing comments everywhere that skinny girls just aren't attractive anymore and "a real girl has curves" :frown:
i'm so insecure.

what can i do to gain weight in a healthy way?

thank you xx

Thats true. Cant stand the anorexic look where their ribs are sticking out. Reasonably slim is great, but not bony. Dont like the other extreme either. We like curves but being very overweight is mingin. However there will always be oddballs who are attracted to such features.

If your too skinny then just stuff your face until you gain a bit of weight.
Original post by Laomedeia
Thats true. Cant stand the anorexic look where their ribs are sticking out. Reasonably slim is great, but not bony. Dont like the other extreme either. We like curves but being very overweight is mingin. However there will always be oddballs who are attracted to such features.

If your too skinny then just stuff your face until you gain a bit of weight.

Do you think bodies like Kendall Jenner or Emma Stone are too skinny?
I hate being small and skinny! i'm 22 years old, 5ft, and my bum is sooo flat! ffs.
i have alright boobs, but guys don't seem to care about boobs anymore -___- lol

i hate looking like a little girl! the other day i went to buy some paracetamol and i got asked to show ID.... like wtf! i'm 22!!!

recently i have lost my appetite, and i don't really eat healthy food. i'm very picky.. i don't like vegetables :/ i eat a lot of junk food but i'm starting to realise that i need to change my diet.

i feel as though guys don't like skinny girls. i keep seeing comments everywhere that skinny girls just aren't attractive anymore and "a real girl has curves" :frown:
i'm so insecure.

what can i do to gain weight in a healthy way?

thank you xx

anyone that doesn't appreciate what you've got going on doesn't deserve your attention. many guys are still into skinny girls!
also, for the last question, try myfitnesspal. it's often used to lose weight but it gives options for people who wish to gain weight and outlines on the nutrients etc you'll need to meet your goal weight. it's very easy to use and is weirdly addictive. it really shows what you need to cut down on/start eating more.
Original post by cbreef
I just did some research on this "huel". Why have I not heard of this before now?

haha :tongue:

Surprisingly it hasn't received that much coverage.

I read a Telegraph review about 6 months ago. Been using Huel most days (mainly as a supplement atm) for about a month now.

Was quite sceptical at first but having done a fair bit of research I think it is the real deal.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Twinpeaks
Do you think bodies like Kendall Jenner or Emma Stone are too skinny?

Never heard of them. But

isnt attractive.
Original post by Laomedeia
Never heard of them. But

isnt attractive.

You do know that's photoshop don't you
@stefano865
Have you noticed a significant difference in your own health?
Do you feel better/have more energy?
Reply 95
Eat a lot of dark bread and milk products.
Original post by Twinpeaks
You do know that's photoshop don't you

But its still a good example of the kind of body I hate, even if it is exaggerated a bit.
I hate being soo skinny...Its not that i want big boobs or a huge ass or something....i am 14 and all i want is to gain weight so that i dont have to walk around in my school skirt having people say horrible things while looking at my toothpick legs....i am sick of being judged and i already tried the idc what ppl think but it doesnt work..and i hate feeling like i want to kill myself because i always hear people talking horribly about me when i didnt starve myself...i cant help it...i didnt ask to be this skinny...just a little extra weight and i will be good....i even get classified as anorexic
I hate being skinny like j
I hate my body I hate being so flat

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending