The Student Room Group

promise ring

what's the significants of a promise ring ? when do you get it and why?
Original post by Anaa95

When we young, you can't do marriage so instead promise ring but not too soon like 2-3 years when you think that the relationship is secured in long term, no matter what happens.

The 'promise' ring is like pre-engagment ring.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
When we young, you can't do marriage so instead promise ring but not too soon like 2-3 years when you think that the relationship is secured in long term, no matter what happens.

The 'promise' ring is like pre-engagment ring.

Ahh, fair enough :smile:
Original post by Anaa95

Also an amazing band from the mid-90's!
It's like a wedding ring but for people who aren't married to show commitment to their relationship. Some people wear a promise ring to show they won't have sex before marriage. I think the whole thing is silly because anyone can wear a ring and promise things but in secret they could be doing what they promised they wouldn't.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's a gesture of good will, in a nutshell. :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by samzy21
It's like a wedding ring but for people who aren't married to show commitment to their relationship. Some people wear a promise ring to show they won't have sex before marriage. I think the whole thing is silly because anyone can wear a ring and promise things but in secret they could be doing what they promised they wouldn't.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which is true, honestly the idea is new to me and I agree with how things can be done in secret, and it can easily be taken off. kinda feel an engagement ring might be best unless they don't want to get married . But, I can see how there can be a loophole in it
Reply 7
Does the guy also get one or is it specifically for the female? or either preference
Original post by Anaa95
Does the guy also get one or is it specifically for the female? or either preference

Either

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sounds like hipster bull5hit. :nooo:
they are a good piece in a way but they are basically the shyster way to avoid engagement or when people can't get engaged it is ment to be significant

Spoiler

Original post by Anaa95
A pretty lame thing, I believe, that young people in "love" use to "bond" it-just as pointless as the act of marriage itself and a lot more childish.
Reply 12
Ill advised teenage idea that adds to the angst when the inevitable split occurs.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending