The Student Room Group

How much does a remark usually change?

In a 100 raw Mark, 150 UMS paper, what are the chances of gaining an extra 5 raw marks.

I felt confident walking out if that makes a difference.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thad33
In a 100 raw Mark, 150 UMS paper, what are the chances of gaining an extra 5 raw marks.

I felt confident walking out if that makes a difference.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It all depends on the paper and original marking, i've known someone to go up 7 marks in a chemistry paper though.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
It all depends on the paper and original marking, i've known someone to go up 7 marks in a chemistry paper though.

Cheers for the quick reply.

Is that 7 raw or UMS?

I think an increase is definitely possible, not sure I can gain the full 10 UMS that I need but working at A/A* grade level to getting a C in the real exam I feel that maybe I can pinch some desperate marks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thad33
Cheers for the quick reply.

Is that 7 raw or UMS?

I think an increase is definitely possible, not sure I can gain the full 10 UMS that I need but working at A/A* grade level to getting a C in the real exam I feel that maybe I can pinch some desperate marks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

it was 7 raw.
Reply 4
The highest I've seen it +13 raw on an A2 paper!

Most, though, are lower than +/-2.

I would not be confident that you'll get return on investment.
Reply 5
Original post by Pigster
The highest I've seen it +13 raw on an A2 paper!

Most, though, are lower than +/-2.

I would not be confident that you'll get return on investment.

I'm keeping fingers crossed as my mark was so low. So as what I thought I got compared to what I did get were so different, I'm hoping that if there is a marking error there will be a big jump

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't bother going for a remark, as usually it only goes up by 2 marks. It really isn't worth the money spent on it. The people who get the remark money are making a fortune, greedy bastards.
Reply 7
Great chemistry thread, 10/10 would read again.
Reply 8
Original post by alow
Great chemistry thread, 10/10 would read again.

Fingers crossed, if I quote you, you'll read this post and then maybe, just maybe re-read the whole thread rather sooner than you might have hoped.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending