The Student Room Group

BBC for AS - chances of getting ABB offers?

I got my AS results today and it's BBCC. I suffer from anxiety and this year it just so happened that I ended up taking 4 unformed AS subjects (I was only one of two people in my entire year to do so) and wasn't allowed study leave. With that in mind, I've been speaking to head of Sixth Form about dropping a subject for a while, as a new school policy was implemented for us this year saying we had to continue all 4 of our subjects until the end of A Level. Naturally, I plan to drop one of my C grade subjects, so I have BBC.

I want to study Spanish or Hispanic Studies at university, and most of the places I'm looking up typically ask for ABB. So, is there any chance I could receive offers?

I can't lie, I'm terrified right now. Any advice is welcome.
Hi there,

Your Universities will look at your A-level predictions. Will your college be willing to predict you ABB? If they do, there will be a chance you may get offers but you may find you will have to apply post-A level and do a gap year.
Reply 2
The teachers actually gave very rough predictions towards the end of this year. I was actually predicted As across the board for the end of the 2 years (which is why this is such a blow, I guess). But I've looked at the grade boundaries and I was 7 marks off of A in French and I got the other B in Spanish - most unis want at least a B in Spanish if you're going to study obviously. As for the C in Politics, my teacher will probably drop her prediction to a B or even a high C, I don't know. Maybe they will, if they look at my usual performance and I can convince that I'll work hard, because I really will. If not, I'll definitely start looking into that.

Thank you.
I managed to get AAA offers with BBCD in AS year, don't worry
Original post by harrii_walker
I managed to get AAA offers with BBCD in AS year, don't worry

what predictions did you get ?
Original post by money-for-all
what predictions did you get ?

AAA, my AS levels weren't representative of me and my teachers saw and understood that. No need worrying about AS levels, in the long run they mean next to nothing
Reply 6
got AAC at AS got ABB predictions and offers at AAA/AAB/ABB/ unis. Offers are very easy to come by from most unis
Original post by TrojanH
got AAC at AS got ABB predictions and offers at AAA/AAB/ABB/ unis. Offers are very easy to come by from most unis

If you don't mind me asking what unis did you get offers from? I'm in a similar position :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Wisteria_xo
If you don't mind me asking what unis did you get offers from? I'm in a similar position :smile:

Nottingham lancaster Newcastle etc

Getting an offer from anything that isn't top 5 is very easy a there is no cap.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending