The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nihil_nimis
Thanks for the advice, is A2 maths a big step up from AS ?

C3 isn't that much of a jump and it is quite easy but C4 can be quite a bit more challenging for some. I don't usually study so i kept missing some marks everytime but I realised that PRACTICE is key for C4. The more you practise (by actually understanding the methods and see where you went wrong), the better you get. Approved by me. Haha. I would have missed a mark or two usually but by practising, I was able to get full UMS. some type of question show up in every paper and if you do a lot of past papers, you'll see a pattern in the questions. Good Luck with A2!! It's definitely doable, esp since it is Maths.
Original post by CardiffKate
Wow! Huge congratualtions. How exciting!

Original post by PQ
ExcellentCongratulations (and well done for keeping calm).

Original post by lnux
Congratulations mate!Wow You're so lucky to get a place.. I'm applying for the same entry requirements with the same course on a different uni but was unsuccessful due to my GCSE grades 😑, will try again in a few minutes.

Thank you! :biggrin:

Well, luckily for me, I had really good GCSE grades. They noticed this, and they asked me to make my case. I mentioned how I have placed very well in several game development competitions, and have a game in the process of being released to the Play Store.
They said I'd be called back by the Head of Dept.

When they called back five minutes later, I nervously answered, and found it was actually the same guy! Turns out he just passed on my arguments and the Head instantly offered me a place Good luck to you my friend. 0

Original post by English-help
I got ACE & i was 2 ums mark for each grade , so i decided to resit during gap year , have i made a decent decision?

I think that's the right decision to make :smile:
Original post by k_popper
I got
Maths: A*
Biology: A*
Physics: A
Chemistry: A
EPQ: B
I applied for SGUL medicine clearing but even if i don't get the seat, it's alright because i can aim a bit higher next year and apply to the uni of my dreams :h:

Update: got rejected by sgul but i am happy in a weird way. is this a chance for me to apply to my top choices?? But i'll be stressing again next application season.
Original post by TitanCream
Well done!

Sounds really harsh?!

I agree...! That said, they were very quick to say they'd accept a re-mark. Also, UCAS shows they only made the decision at 6.45am this morning, whereas my other friends with offers from this uni had their updates timestamped two days ago, so at least they seem to have spent quite a while agonising over the decision.
Original post by PQ
See my reply - you don't use clearing to get back to your firm after a remark - there's a different process.

Thanks, you've been such a breath of fresh air in this thread while I've been lurking and I really appreciate your help now. I'll get started on a second round of phone calls now.
What was your predicted grade in French
Original post by Polyrogue
Thank you! :biggrin:

Well, luckily for me, I had really good GCSE grades. They noticed this, and they asked me to make my case. I mentioned how I have placed very well in several game development competitions, and have a game in the process of being released to the Play Store.
They said I'd be called back by the Head of Dept.

When they called back five minutes later, I nervously answered, and found it was actually the same guy! Turns out he just passed on my arguments and the Head instantly offered me a place Good luck to you my friend. 0

Congratulations. :smile:
Are the OCR UMS grade boundaries for an A 480/600 aka 80%? Thank you
I could do with some advice. I had my heart set on doing Medicine, and I don't want to do Biomedical Sciences. I don't even think I can get accepted onto any science course. What should I do?
UKCAT: 1860
Chemistry AS: D
Biology AS: B
General Studies AS: B
Maths AS: A
English Literature AS: A
so disappointed :frown: this has just been the worst day ever. Didn't get a wink of sleep woke up to find my predicted A (I'm only doing one A level as I'm a mature student) was actually an E. Phoned around but limited as I want to do Physiotherapy so its competitive anyway and with an E in Biology was almost embarrassed phoning to ask anyway. Most places understandably so said no, apart from my one and only last resort Worcester Uni who have taken into consideration the fact I did a year of a different healthcare course so did an anatomy module there. So they've asked me to email them a transcript of my results from that 1 year of study and now are letting me know this afternoon whether I'll be called to an interview Monday. I'm also going on holiday Monday at 1pm so will have to have the interview in the morning if I get it then rush to Bristol airport haha. So stressful... plan C will be go back to college in September night classes
I got an offer from Nottingham and filled in all my tuition loan stuff for that uni. turns out i missed it and my insurance is York, do i have to contact anyone to redirect my student loan or is it done automatically?
Original post by CLMPeters
I could do with some advice. I had my heart set on doing Medicine, and I don't want to do Biomedical Sciences. I don't even think I can get accepted onto any science course. What should I do?
UKCAT: 1860
Chemistry AS: D
Biology AS: B
General Studies AS: B
Maths AS: A
English Literature AS: A

Are you allowed to retake? If so, its an option. You can raise your grade. But work hard. Resitting AS isnt easy, esp with the A2 exams (practicals may overlap with AS resit) going on as well.
Original post by moonandstars
so disappointed :frown: this has just been the worst day ever. Didn't get a wink of sleep woke up to find my predicted A (I'm only doing one A level as I'm a mature student) was actually an E. Phoned around but limited as I want to do Physiotherapy so its competitive anyway and with an E in Biology was almost embarrassed phoning to ask anyway. Most places understandably so said no, apart from my one and only last resort Worcester Uni who have taken into consideration the fact I did a year of a different healthcare course so did an anatomy module there. So they've asked me to email them a transcript of my results from that 1 year of study and now are letting me know this afternoon whether I'll be called to an interview Monday. I'm also going on holiday Monday at 1pm so will have to have the interview in the morning if I get it then rush to Bristol airport haha. So stressful... plan C will be go back to college in September night classes

If you've done all you can for now, just try to relax and be your best for the interview.

I'm from Worcester and my best friend did Sports Therapy there and has since worked in Physio for a number of football and rugby clubs. She had an amazing time at Worcester :smile:
Original post by Roving Fish
Congratulations. :smile:

Thank you :smile:
Original post by k_popper
Are you allowed to retake? If so, its an option. You can raise your grade. But work hard. Resitting AS isnt easy, esp with the A2 exams (practicals may overlap with AS resit) going on as well.

It is a linear A-level, meaning that this grade doesn't count towards my final grade. Resitting wouldn't make a difference unless I took a gap year, which I am completely against.
I just recieved my AS results : ABBC : A for maths , B for chemistry and physics and C for Biology . Im planning to drop Bio next year . I want to study pharmacy in the uni , do you guys think what my predicted grades would be ?
Original post by Quoc Viet Tran
I just recieved my AS results : ABBC : A for maths , B for chemistry and physics and C for Biology . Im planning to drop Bio next year . I want to study pharmacy in the uni , do you guys think what my predicted grades would be ?

Teachers will normally predict one grade up, so you could get A*AA prediction, depending on the teacher. But will definitely be greater than ABB :yep:
I got a B and 2 C's after pulling my AS grades up from B,D,E and still got an offer for my firm which asked for 3 B's. Life is good.
Original post by moonandstars

It sounds like you've done a good job of getting on with things. Worcester is lovely...and even plan C isn't a bad idea.
Studying anything as a mature student is tough - you're cut off from most of the support that 17/18 year olds get automatically.
Original post by dripper
I got an offer from Nottingham and filled in all my tuition loan stuff for that uni. turns out i missed it and my insurance is York, do i have to contact anyone to redirect my student loan or is it done automatically?

Quick Reply

Latest