The Student Room Group

Remarking question

I received my results today which I'm pleased about
However In maths I was 2 ums off the grade above. Ict I was 5 ums off. product design i was 7 ums off.
Do you thinks it's worth getting of these remarked it's just really annoying when I know I was so close to the grade above..

I got my university place so I'm not worried. It's just the grades mean something to me and I want them to be a true reflection of the effort I put in
Original post by Dnaap
I received my results today which I'm pleased about
However In maths I was 2 ums off the grade above. Ict I was 5 ums off. product design i was 7 ums off.
Do you thinks it's worth getting of these remarked it's just really annoying when I know I was so close to the grade above..

I got my university place it's just the grades mean something to me and I want them to be a true reflection

Hi there,
Please be aware that due to changes in re-mark policy, it is now harder to get a mark change if there aren't significant errors.
This, plus the fact there is a non-inexpensive charge for remarks I would suggest forgetting about the A-level grades particularly as it can not go in your favour and the remark grade always stands.
Reply 2
Hi everyone I need some assistance please. I'm trying to figure out whether to get a remark for certain units in my subjects (not the whole subject) and I want to work out how far off I was from the above grade. I've worked out how far off I was from INDIVIDUAL topics but not the whole subject. Is there a way to show the grade boundaries or UMS for the whole subject?E.g. Getting 311 UMS points, how many more marks to get the grade above?Hope that made sense thanks!
Reply 3
Thank you for your informative reply! Its just really annoying knowing you're so close to going up a grade and not being able to do anything. Do you know how much remarks cost?
Reply 4
Original post by kayrx
Hi everyone I need some assistance please. I'm trying to figure out whether to get a remark for certain units in my subjects (not the whole subject) and I want to work out how far off I was from the above grade. I've worked out how far off I was from INDIVIDUAL topics but not the whole subject. Is there a way to show the grade boundaries or UMS for the whole subject?E.g. Getting 311 UMS points, how many more marks to get the grade above?Hope that made sense thanks!

The grade boundaries will tell you this I'm pretty sure. Search for them on Google
Reply 5
Original post by Dnaap
The grade boundaries will tell you this I'm pretty sure. Search for them on Google

The only grade boundaries I can find are ones showing me how many raw marks needed for a certain grade. If you find can you send the link pls?
Reply 6
Original post by kayrx
The only grade boundaries I can find are ones showing me how many raw marks needed for a certain grade. If you find can you send the link pls?

Use the raw marks to ums conversion on the respective exam boards.

Edexcel: http://qualifications.pearson.com/en/support/support-topics/results-certification/understanding-marks-and-grades/converting-marks-points-and-grades.html#tab-EdexcelUMSmarkconverter

Aqa: http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administration/results-days/grade-boundaries-and-ums/ums-converter

Ocr: http://www.ocr.org.uk/i-want-to/convert-raw-marks-to-ums/

Search online for any other boards you need!
does anybody know what this " subjective marking" malarkey is? Im gettin bio remarked but also some essay based subjects and people on the studentroom keep scaring me about this marking and how examiners are unlikely to give you higher marks ? wtf? of course essay subjects are gonna be subective thats the whole point.. its interpretation... does this apply to A2 exams or just the new AS exams.. someone reply quick im freaking out right now. Also has anyone had any essay subjects e.g. eco/ psych and Bio remarked yet? have they gone up or down ?
Reply 8
Original post by kayrx

A level 6 units
480 - A
420 - B
360 - C
300 - D
280 - E

A level 4 units
320 - A
280 - B
240 - C
200 - D
160 - E