The Student Room Group

Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Scienceisgood
Kinda curious how many pidgy candies everyone has.

Have 156 myself. =)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Zerforax
Only 78 at the moment but having looked at my pokedex, I've caught around 120 pidgey/evolutions which would be 400-500 candies when you factoring in trading in and egg bonus etc?

56 candy at the moment (did an evolution chain yesterday) and caught 375 out of 443 seen :colondollar:

Definitely the most caught Pokemon, despite Zubat's bad rep haha
Original post by tomtjl
56 candy at the moment (did an evolution chain yesterday) and caught 375 out of 443 seen :colondollar:

Definitely the most caught Pokemon, despite Zubat's bad rep haha

Damn what level are you now?

So I'm now sat on about 90k stardust.. at what point do I start using it? Seems a bit pointless to save it forever :colondollar:

So I'm now sat on about 90k stardust.. at what point do I start using it? Seems a bit pointless to save it forever :colondollar:

When you reach level 30 is what everyone recommends because the Pokemon's CP you get from eggs and in the wild cap so, may as well use it then to take them all the way.

Posted from TSR Mobile
When you reach level 30 is what everyone recommends because the Pokemon's CP you get from eggs and in the wild cap so, may as well use it then to take them all the way.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I doubt I will play the game at level 30..

It's taken me 3 weeks to get to level 20 (230k xp total) and level 30 is 2mil xp. So I'd have to play consistently for another 6 months to get to level 30.. by that point I'm sure I'd have an obscene amount of stardust anyway (surely another 900k stardust by current projections?).

I'm 25 and a half at the moment :tongue:. Spent the last few days getting the starter Pokemon from some nests. Got my Venusaur 2 days ago, Blastoise yesterday and Charizard today :biggrin:.

You're in London, right? If you go to Holland Park, you'll find tonnes of Bulbasaurs. Squirtles can be found at Alexandra Park and Charmanders at Blackheath Park. Or you could just look at this list:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongoLondon/comments/4vpfh5/curated_pok%C3%A9mon_go_london_nest_map_20/

:tongue:.
I doubt I will play the game at level 30..

It's taken me 3 weeks to get to level 20 (230k xp total) and level 30 is 2mil xp. So I'd have to play consistently for another 6 months to get to level 30.. by that point I'm sure I'd have an obscene amount of stardust anyway (surely another 900k stardust by current projections?).

Yeah level 30 is the "optimum" I guess. I started using mine around level 22/23 because the difference between then and 30 is not going to be much tbh. I did have around 150k stardust at one point and I got down to almost 0 :tongue:. Up to about 70k again now, that **** goes quickly!
The main station of my town is a Magikarp pond loooooooool I have 40 of them already since discovering it.
Original post by tomtjl
I'm 25 and a half at the moment :tongue:. Spent the last few days getting the starter Pokemon from some nests. Got my Venusaur 2 days ago, Blastoise yesterday and Charizard today :biggrin:.

You're in London, right? If you go to Holland Park, you'll find tonnes of Bulbasaurs. Squirtles can be found at Alexandra Park and Charmanders at Blackheath Park. Or you could just look at this list:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongoLondon/comments/4vpfh5/curated_pok%C3%A9mon_go_london_nest_map_20/

:tongue:.

Yeah level 30 is the "optimum" I guess. I started using mine around level 22/23 because the difference between then and 30 is not going to be much tbh. I did have around 150k stardust at one point and I got down to almost 0 :tongue:. Up to about 70k again now, that **** goes quickly!

Ah very nice level! Ooh those are some impressive starters. I have an ivysaur which is close to CP800 which would've made a nice venasaur. Probably can't justify going to parks halfway across London! :colondollar: Regents park is probably the one I would go to but don't really fancy Pinsir. The link is very useful though.

I think I'll start using some stardust at level 23 to help my gym battling. Finding some pokemon which are a long way around the curve recently which is nice.
Caught my first Dragonite today! Was a fairly weak CP of 1245 (I'm level 23). Had some dratini candy and so it's now in the late 1500s. Has the ideal offensive moveset of Dragonclaw and Hyperbeam! :smile: Checked it's IV using pokeassistant and it guessed around 70% but f**k it, I ain't gonna get 125 dratini candy for a leeennnggg time. I think it should max out at around 2000-2200 as long as I am lvl23. Thoughts on keep powering it up or na?
Ah very nice level! Ooh those are some impressive starters. I have an ivysaur which is close to CP800 which would've made a nice venasaur. Probably can't justify going to parks halfway across London! :colondollar: Regents park is probably the one I would go to but don't really fancy Pinsir. The link is very useful though.

I think I'll start using some stardust at level 23 to help my gym battling. Finding some pokemon which are a long way around the curve recently which is nice.

Going to the parks is great! All you need to do is tell your friends you should go for a day out in the park when secretly you're there to catch Pokemon :tongue:.

Original post by EconEast
Caught my first Dragonite today! Was a fairly weak CP of 1245 (I'm level 23). Had some dratini candy and so it's now in the late 1500s. Has the ideal offensive moveset of Dragonclaw and Hyperbeam! :smile: Checked it's IV using pokeassistant and it guessed around 70% but f**k it, I ain't gonna get 125 dratini candy for a leeennnggg time. I think it should max out at around 2000-2200 as long as I am lvl23. Thoughts on keep powering it up or na?

I wouldn't power it up at the moment tbh. You said you won't be getting 125 Dratini candy any time soon but you must have spent 20+ on powering it up! 1245 is a very weak Dragonite and you're going to be spending a lot of candy and stardust on it, which isn't really worth it. A ~600 Dratini will evolve into a 2000+ Dragonite. You'd need about 60 candy to get it to ~2100 or so and for only 60 more you could just evolve one from scratch and save on the 100k stardust or so.
Just got this from a 10k egg. XD

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1471505609.002422.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Best Pokemon by around 300-400CP. =D
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by tomtjl
Going to the parks is great! All you need to do is tell your friends you should go for a day out in the park when secretly you're there to catch Pokemon :tongue:.

I wouldn't power it up at the moment tbh. You said you won't be getting 125 Dratini candy any time soon but you must have spent 20+ on powering it up! 1245 is a very weak Dragonite and you're going to be spending a lot of candy and stardust on it, which isn't really worth it. A ~600 Dratini will evolve into a 2000+ Dragonite. You'd need about 60 candy to get it to ~2100 or so and for only 60 more you could just evolve one from scratch and save on the 100k stardust or so.

Yea I'll probably go to Regent's Park at the weekend so will have to see what I can catch..

Hmm interesting to know. I have a Dratini which is CP 480 so perhaps I could power that up? :colondollar: Is it best to power up when a Drataini or once fully evolved?

Just got this from a 10k egg. XD

Posted from TSR Mobile

Best Pokemon by around 300-400CP. =D

Very jealous! I've got a couple of 10ks currently incubated so fingers crossed.
Reply 1371
Some guy made an Eevee animation from Pokemon GO

http://codepen.io/davidkpiano/pen/NAZarB
Yea I'll probably go to Regent's Park at the weekend so will have to see what I can catch..

Hmm interesting to know. I have a Dratini which is CP 480 so perhaps I could power that up? :colondollar: Is it best to power up when a Drataini or once fully evolved?

Very jealous! I've got a couple of 10ks currently incubated so fingers crossed.

I'd check the IVs of your Dratini to see if it was decent before powering it up. I tend to power mine up before evolving them but I don't think it makes too much difference tbh. Just make sure you're above the 125 candy before you power it up because you could catch another good one!
Original post by tomtjl
I'd check the IVs of your Dratini to see if it was decent before powering it up. I tend to power mine up before evolving them but I don't think it makes too much difference tbh. Just make sure you're above the 125 candy before you power it up because you could catch another good one!

Yea good point. It's not a very good Dratini (around 60-65%).

I do have a magnemite which is 96-98% :biggrin:

Funny how some pokemon vary wildly in the IV calculator. I have a couple of pokemon which may be 50-60 or in the high 90s.
Just got this from a 2k egg. =D

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1471522645.247328.jpg

Happy Day!
First a Lapras, now a Bulbasaur. =D

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got this from a 2k egg. =D

Happy Day!
First a Lapras, now a Bulbasaur. =D

Posted from TSR Mobile

Jammy..

I got a zubat from my 2k egg :frown:
571 Bulbasaur from a 2k egg? Crazy!

Congrats though!
Original post by tomtjl

I have a 510 Dratini, worth evolving (would be my first) on my next lucky egg evolution cycle?
Original post by vlb206
I love this game but where I live at home is literally useless because there is nothing around so I'm constantly using up all my pokeballs.

Yea I hate that about the game but I am lucky. Home sucks but at work I sit on two pokestops. And apparently a pidgey/rattata nest which is great for evolutions. caught 14 pidgeys already today and 8 rattata and a select few others.
Original post by inhuman
I have a 510 Dratini, worth evolving (would be my first) on my next lucky egg evolution cycle?

Can you evolve it into a Dragonite or just a Dragonair? If Dragonite, then go for it but if not then definitely wait for the full 125 candies.

Anybody know some good locations for catching Dratini? Been visiting nests recently but I've not read or heard about any Dratini nests :frown:.

Quick Reply

Latest