The Student Room Group

Do I wait for Leeds? Or keep Sussex? Or take up York?

So I got my results today, and they weren't really what I was expecting. Basically, this is my second round of results - last year I got an A* in English Lit, B in Psychology and D in Biology. I decided to retake Psychology and Biology in hopes of getting higher grades this year. Sadly, I didn't get any higher in Biology, but I did in Psychology so I've got A*AD now. My firm choice was Leeds, and they didn't accept me, but I called to let them know that I am getting a priority remark for Biology (3 UMS off a C) and they said they could possibly give me an offer if that goes up. My insurance, Sussex accepted me, but I wasn't really prepared to go there so I'm unsure. And I called York through clearing and they offered me a place, but I have to accept that by midday tomorrow. So basically, I have 2 places - I either accept my insurance place at Sussex, get released from Sussex and accepy my offer from York, wait for my remark to come in and ask Leeds if they can accept me then. All before midday tomorrow and I don't really know which is the best option :// Also, does anyone know how long the process of getting released from a place you have?
Original post by moeshaaodonkorr
So I got my results today, and they weren't really what I was expecting. Basically, this is my second round of results - last year I got an A* in English Lit, B in Psychology and D in Biology. I decided to retake Psychology and Biology in hopes of getting higher grades this year. Sadly, I didn't get any higher in Biology, but I did in Psychology so I've got A*AD now. My firm choice was Leeds, and they didn't accept me, but I called to let them know that I am getting a priority remark for Biology (3 UMS off a C) and they said they could possibly give me an offer if that goes up. My insurance, Sussex accepted me, but I wasn't really prepared to go there so I'm unsure. And I called York through clearing and they offered me a place, but I have to accept that by midday tomorrow. So basically, I have 2 places - I either accept my insurance place at Sussex, get released from Sussex and accepy my offer from York, wait for my remark to come in and ask Leeds if they can accept me then. All before midday tomorrow and I don't really know which is the best option :// Also, does anyone know how long the process of getting released from a place you have?

I would say to go for York

Getting released can take a day or two depending on the university but it can be less. How do you feel about taking a gap year if you miss out on leeds and sussex from waiting

Leeds is dependent on a remark in a year in which the new system means a change is much less likely, so I'd strike that one out. You clearly don't want to go to Sussex as you are keen to get out of it, so I'd say go to York.
Original post by claireestelle
Getting released can take a day or two depending on the university but it can be less. How do you feel about taking a gap year if you miss out on leeds and sussex from waiting

I've already been on a gap year this past year to reapply, I don't think I want to take another one :frown:
I won't miss out on Sussex will I? As I already have it confirmed as unconditional on track?
I've already been on a gap year this past year to reapply, I don't think I want to take another one :frown:
I won't miss out on Sussex will I? As I already have it confirmed as unconditional on track?

Your Sussex offer is yours until you say you don't want it.

You won't miss out but if as you say you don't really want to go there I'd be leaning towards York. (My sister went there and loved it.)
Reply 7
Go for York
Reply 8
x

When you think about York vs Sussex what is your heart telling you. If you think about the cities, the areas of the country, the universities and the courses. Which appeals to you more?
Thank you for your replies everyone! I think I'm leaning more towards York but I'm going to a Sussex open day today just so I give it a fair chance and see how I feel there! If I decide definitively that I prefer York over Sussex and choose to accept their clearing offer, can I still reject it again if my remark does come back positive and Leeds accepts me? Or can I not change again once I accept York through clearing?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending