The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nirgilis
I did my A-levels 6 years ago, so I don't have a year any more :tongue: . I'm just here to make sure all you guys are okay :wink:

nice what did you do?
Reply 9121
Guys can i ask a question

what happens if you do a course at uni but want to change? will you have to make a new ucas application or drop out?*
Original post by igotohaggerston
nice what did you do?

I did the Sciences and maths to A2 level and got 4x A grades. Did my undergrad at Warwick, now doing a PhD at Cambridge. It all worked out quite favourably really :wink:
Original post by 3mmz
Guys can i ask a question

what happens if you do a course at uni but want to change? will you have to make a new ucas application or drop out?*

How drastic is the change?
I got A* in geog, A in English lit and B im German (1 UMS off A so getting a remark) - off to Warwick ☺️
A2
A* - OCR Salters Chemistry
A* - OCR Mathematics
A - OCR Physics

AS
A - OCR Salters Chemistry
A - OCR Mathematics
A - OCR Physics
A - Edexcel Biology

Going to study Chemistry at Durham!
I did the Sciences and maths to A2 level and got 4x A grades. Did my undergrad at Warwick, now doing a PhD at Cambridge. It all worked out quite favourably really :wink:

thats great what did you do your undergraduate in and what are you doing your phd on?
what uni?

Exeter for English
Original post by cassidyjoy
missed out on my firm by half a mark :frown: absolutely devastated

:jumphug:That's harsh! Are you okay with your insurance?

Original post by harry00573
how long before I start year 13 should I start going over year 12 notes and the bit of A2 we learnt at the end of term, I've also wrote my personal statement but needs checking and improving

I've told my students to start refreshing a couple of topics now to hit the ground running when we get back but if you haven't been instructed to do that then take it at your own pace. The PS Help service is coming back soon - we'll be happy to help with that statement :smile:
AS 4 As full ums in further maths so pretty happy
Congrats!
Original post by citibankrec
got AABC :frown: bit disappointed.

You can't be disappointed with that! Are you thinking about a remark?
Original post by musicisellipsis
Consider phoning them and letting them know how close you were, since I dont think they see your ums

Also maybe you could get a priority remark if you think the examiner made a mistake with your grade

I've already phoned and they said they couldn't accept me with my current grades, so I've submitted for a remark as a particular exam was a lot lower than expected.

Mainly fuming because my offer was for English for A*AA (achieved A*AB) and I achieved full UMS in English Lit, which I told them, but they still want that half a mark in RS of all things.
Original post by Atomicmat
I got A* in geog, A in English lit and B im German (1 UMS off A so getting a remark) - off to Warwick ☺️

Original post by Ligand
A2
A* - OCR Salters Chemistry
A* - OCR Mathematics
A - OCR Physics

AS
A - OCR Salters Chemistry
A - OCR Mathematics
A - OCR Physics
A - Edexcel Biology

Going to study Chemistry at Durham!

Congratulations guys! :awesome: :woo: :party: :woo:

thats great what did you do your undergraduate in and what are you doing your phd on?

I studied Chemistry at Undergrad, and now doing a PhD in genetics at Cambridge. It's been a wild 6 years :wink:
Im going on a summer school there next week for maths.:biggrin:
Reply 9132
How drastic is the change?

I am screwed

I wanted to do law at SOAS....they are full but offered me english. I like english but want to do law..

It seems that if i accept english...i can't change to law many people say its so hard to change. Also what i do if they don't let me change? Like you can't change in the second year can you?
How long can I leave it to tell my insurance choice that I am not going there? I've been rejected by my firm but accepted by insurance, but I think I will try and get into my firm, perhaps on a different course. Seeing as this might take up to a week, is it OK for me to leave it that long before telling my insurance I won't be going?
Original post by PQ
It sounds like you've done a good job of getting on with things. Worcester is lovely...and even plan C isn't a bad idea.
Studying anything as a mature student is tough - you're cut off from most of the support that 17/18 year olds get automatically.

Where on SFE does it let you update your uni details? I can't find it :frown:
Reply 9135
Basically english to law at SOAS will be almost impossible. That means I really cannot go to SOAS then.

:frown: I don't know what I am going to do tbh*
Original post by ParadoxSocks
:jumphug:That's harsh! Are you okay with your insurance?

I'm happy with my insurance but it's annoying that my firm are keeping me hanging! They've also offered me an alternate course that is absolutely not what I want to do and whose grades are much lower than I achieved. Whyyyyy?
Original post by 3mmz
I am screwed

I wanted to do law at SOAS....they are full but offered me english. I like english but want to do law..

It seems that if i accept english...i can't change to law many people say its so hard to change. Also what i do if they don't let me change? Like you can't change in the second year can you?

Nope because there isn't there isn't enough crossover between Law and English.

If you want Law you need to be hunting for Law.
aqa eng lit is unfair - everyone in my year marked down
I got my A-level results earlier and I was predicted ABBC but I managed to get A*AAB, with the A* in Spanish, the A in English Language, an A in Maths and a B in biology (I only got a C in the Unit 5 exam). I am so happy and I think I will be going to the University of Iceland (where I'm from) to do Biology. I think I am going to withdraw from my firm (University of Manchester) but I haven't decided yet.

Congrats to everyone in the class of 2016! :badger::badger::badger::badger::badger:

Quick Reply

Latest