The Student Room Group

Edexcel S2 - 27th June 2016 AM

Scroll to see replies

Original post by iMacJack
67/68 for an A grade last year, though? And this paper I feel was easier? I don't know, though

It wasn't easier than last year to be honest.
67/68 for an A grade last year, though? And this paper I feel was easier? I don't know, though

I don't think this paper was easier. I'm sure the average mark will be lower given the more unstructured questions there were.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Definitely wouldn't say it was easier than last year's paper. There were a lot more variables and unknowns that had to be calculated whereas I felt like last year's paper was literally plugging numbers into equations. I'm still a bit undecided between whether the paper was a standard paper or a bit harder than usual.
Original post by DesignPredator
It wasn't easier than last year to be honest.

Guess that's very subjective haha, for the majority, probably not

Original post by kingaaran
I don't think this paper was easier. I'm sure the average mark will be lower given the more unstructured questions there were.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah true true. I guess time will tell.
Original post by NeverLucky
Definitely wouldn't say it was easier than last year's paper. There were a lot more variables and unknowns that had to be calculated whereas I felt like last year's paper was literally plugging numbers into equations. I'm still a bit undecided between whether the paper was a standard paper or a bit harder than usual.

Im thinking 67/68 for the A*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kingaaran
Im thinking 67/68 for the A*

Posted from TSR Mobile

Please upload the S2 mark scheme.
Original post by Randall13
Please upload the S2 mark scheme.

It's not available on the emporium yet.*
wait papers and markschemes are available? I ain't found jack looool
Hello,

If there are any people out there they know edexcel rules i have a question.

I did C1-C4, M1-M2, S1-S3,FP1-FP2 and D1.

I wad wondering if s1 and m2 could go in normal maths?

Thanks in advance.
Original post by mehtj006
Hello,

If there are any people out there they know edexcel rules i have a question.

I did C1-C4, M1-M2, S1-S3,FP1-FP2 and D1.

I wad wondering if s1 and m2 could go in normal maths?

Thanks in advance.

No sorry, you can only have M2 in normal maths if you also have M1 in normal maths. In your case, you can only have the following combinations in normal maths:

M1 and M2

M1 and S1

M1 and D1

S1 and D1

S1 and S2

Original post by NeverLucky
No sorry, you can only have M2 in normal maths if you also have M1 in normal maths. In your case, you can only have the following combinations in normal maths:

M1 and M2

M1 and S1

M1 and D1

S1 and D1

S1 and S2

Thanks very much
Did anyone else find this really hard?

How much UMS would 50/75 get me?

I really need 57-60 UMS ; as I got 60 on C3 (74 UMS) and 67 on C4 (80 UMS). And I need 209 UMS overall. Plz help.
Original post by Dzagoev755

I found it pretty dire, and I also am expecting something in the region of 50 marks
Original post by Dzagoev755

I really need 57-60 UMS ; as I got 60 on C3 (74 UMS) and 67 on C4 (80 UMS). And I need 209 UMS overall. Plz help.

I'd say around 60 UMS

June 2014 paper was 61 for an A and that paper was easier than june 2016. It is just really hard to predict; especially stats and decision which have huge fluctuations in grade boundaries. Do you have the official mark scheme btw?
@kingaaran
Do you have the mark scheme for s2?
Original post by target21859
@kingaaran
Do you have the mark scheme for s2?

Unfortunately not. S1-4 and D1-2 are still unavailable!
full ums for s2
Original post by igotohaggerston
full ums for s2

Well done! S2 was actually my lowest UMS mark...
Thought this exam went terribly, thought I'd struggle to get a C, ended up with 85 ums, which I was ecstatic about! Well done everyone!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending