The Student Room Group

Do not no what to do! cheated on my long term relationship... shall i break up?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Serine Soul
How do people have such complicated love lives when I can't even get a guy to look at me?

*looks at you* :love:
If you tell him what you have done then you won't be his "world" anymore. You have made yourself look like a total slut and considering what you have said you definitely do not "love" him. If you think so, then you are deluded.
Reply 22
Brutal honesty: break up with him. Apologise profusely and be understanding if he doesn't accept your apology- cos you did cheat on him after all.

Also, leave this other guy- and all other guys- alone for at least six months, preferably a year. It seems you have a lot of growing up to do if you think relationships are all about sex and going out.
How can you even be asking this?

You're 'confused?' No. You're selfish. You want the best of both worlds. Not only did you cheat physically, you invested time in the other guy by entertaining and texting him! Yet you have the nerve to say want to spend the rest of your life with someone you have no respect for? Despicable, and how sad for your boyfriend if he spent the rest of his life not knowing- pretty sick. Dump him, for his sake, not yours.
You're gonna look back on this in 10 years time and regret it.
Original post by moggygeorgieee
story. of. my. life.

It's a fkin abomination

Original post by ,L,
*looks at you* :love:

:colondollar:
OK. I think everyone is being a bit harsh on the OP. She's still a teenager, for God's sake. If she can't make mistakes at this point in her life when can she? I get the impression from what she says that the relationship has probably run its course. I think the kindest thing you can do OP is to tell your boyfriend you no longer have feelings for him and want to end it. Yes, he will be upset, but you can't possibly just stay with someone to keep THEM happy. That would be absurd. You would not only end up resenting him, you would end up hating him. Just a word of advice though . Don't try and remain "just good friends" with your boyfriend when or if you do split up. It never works and just messes both side's heads up. Make a clean break .
Reply 27
Original post by markova21
OK. I think everyone is being a bit harsh on the OP. She's still a teenager, for God's sake. If she can't make mistakes at this point in her life when can she? I get the impression from what she says that the relationship has probably run its course. I think the kindest thing you can do OP is to tell your boyfriend you no longer have feelings for him and want to end it. Yes, he will be upset, but you can't possibly just stay with someone to keep THEM happy. That would be absurd. You would not only end up resenting him, you would end up hating him. Just a word of advice though . Don't try and remain "just good friends" with your boyfriend when or if you do split up. It never works and just messes both side's heads up. Make a clean break .

Thank you, thought I would never get a good reply
Original post by 253lwpm98
Thank you, thought I would never get a good reply

You're welcome.
sounds like you should end it...

you could have dealt with the issues given it does sound like you still love him, relationships do get boring and sex gets boring but you jus have to make some effort with each other and things pick up... people have different preferences and perhaps he has outgrown clubbing, you could have compromised or gone out without him

however you were too immature to actually try and deal with the issues you had and cheated (and not just a one off spur of the moment mistake) so your relationship is basically over anyway, he will find out at some point and dump you so do you both a favour and end it now
Reply 30
Im sorry but it sounds like you don't deserve him at all. He will be much better without someone like u in his life.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
Original post by Anonymous
How can you even be asking this?

You're 'confused?' No. You're selfish. You want the best of both worlds. Not only did you cheat physically, you invested time in the other guy by entertaining and texting him! Yet you have the nerve to say want to spend the rest of your life with someone you have no respect for? Despicable, and how sad for your boyfriend if he spent the rest of his life not knowing- pretty sick. Dump him, for his sake, not yours.

This

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol you cheated though with a married man & make a revenge plan for when your then-after boyfriend cheated on you lol
Original post by elmosandy
lol you cheated though with a married man & make a revenge plan for when your then-after boyfriend cheated on you lol

Yes . He was 34 and married. I was 22 and not. I wasn't the one who cheated. How could I have cheated when I wasn't in a relationship with someone else? Ditto my boyfriend and his ex. I would never,ever cheat on any partner of mine. What someone I am with does is his business. I'm not responsible for someone else's actions.
(edited 7 years ago)
If I broke up with him I feel like he wouldn't know what to do. I am truly his world

You're clearly a false veil then
Yes . He was 34 and married. I was 22 and not. I wasn't the one who cheated. How could I have cheated when I wasn't in a relationship with someone else? Ditto my boyfriend and his ex. I would never,ever cheat on any partner. What someone I am with does is his business. I'm not responsible. I have never cheated on anyone and never would.

Lol how can you say you're not responsible when you knew he was married?

Tbh; what someone does with someone is their business, I don't agree with the people on here who say ' I would break up with a friend if they cheated. ' it's stupid. none of my concern. When everyones ripping into her it's because she's playing with him. I haven't ripped into her. It is a little harsh, But tbh, you're biased.
This is one of the reasons why a lot of you will struggle to maintain and build stronger relationships, because you don't know how to forgive. You will be the first people to divorce your husband or wife, once something goes wrong.

Most of you act like people cannot be forgiven for their mistakes and find ways of improving on the situation.

I'm not saying what the OP has done is acceptable, but sometimes people realise that what they have done was not a good idea after the situation has happened.

Can't the situation be fixed?

Why does every little thing have to result into "dump him/her"?

Come on, y'all need to do better.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
So... I have been with my boyfriend for nearly 3 years now. I was 14 when I first got with him and had only kissed one boy before him. He has had sex with other girls before our relationship as he is older than me.

He treats me amazing and I do love him so so much, he will do absolutely anything for me and all he wants to do is to make me happy.

Recently, I can't be bothered with him, I can't be bothered kissing him and when we have sex, we just have sex, we don't make love (haha). I was out the other week and seen an old friend and we have always had a little spark but nothing serious. Which, I think, my boyfriend does know and doesn't like him for it.

We ended up going home together and I ended up kissing him. We have been texting ever since and I have been to his a few times and we have now had sex. I love kissing him and I'm so attracted to him.

However... If you put them both in front of me and I had to pick, I would pick my boyfriend, he is my best friend and I can see us spending the rest of my life with him.

But why do I keep wanting to see the other boy?

I don't know what to do, I am so confused!

PLEASE HELP

**Also, when I got with him, he was out all the time and so fun, all he wanted to do was party... now all I want to do is go out and party but he is being so boring and never wants to go out. We are the type of people that could go out together and have so much fun but he seems to have a fed up attitude**

Yes break up with him.

Oh and, ****!
Reply 38
Original post by babyshawte
This is one of the reasons why a lot of you will struggle to maintain and build stronger relationships, because you don't know how to forgive. You will be the first people to divorce your husband or wife, once something goes wrong.

Most of you act like people cannot be forgiven for their mistakes and find ways of improving on the situation.

I'm not saying what the OP has done is acceptable, but sometimes people realise that what they have done was not a good idea after the situation has happened.

Can't the situation be fixed?

Why does every little thing have to result into "dump him/her"?

Come on, y'all need to do better.

Posted from TSR Mobile

1. Little thing? You can forgive a lot but many people draw a line at this.

2. "Recently, I can't be bothered with him, I can't be bothered kissing him and when we have sex, we just have sex, we don't make love (haha)."
Original post by elmosandy

How can you drag someone that you don't know like that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending