The Student Room Group

medicine

Hey, I just got my As results, they are really bad,I wanted to do medicine but I got DDD in biology,chemistry and maths, I also got an A in Spanish,I really want to study medicine as I know I am capable of getting A grades, I don't think any university will accept me with these As grades, I was thinking about not applying this year and work really hard in A2,and then take a gap year because I really don't want to do anything else accept medicine,I got really good gcses as well, I have booked ukcat for this year as I thought I would get really good grades but don't know what to do with that now.Does anyone think there's a way I can get into medicine,help please!!
Reply 1
Original post by Juststudent
Hey, I just got my As results, they are really bad,I wanted to do medicine but I got DDD in biology,chemistry and maths, I also got an A in Spanish,I really want to study medicine as I know I am capable of getting A grades, I don't think any university will accept me with these As grades, I was thinking about not applying this year and work really hard in A2,and then take a gap year because I really don't want to do anything else accept medicine,I got really good gcses as well, I have booked ukcat for this year as I thought I would get really good grades but don't know what to do with that now.Does anyone think there's a way I can get into medicine,help please!!

Take a gap year, secure your grades and get heaps of woork experience!
You have to be realistic here. Even if you're predicted AAA by your teachers, you won't be given an offer this year. Because the UKCAT is only valid for one year, get it refunded if you can, but there's no point in going to it now aside from gathering further experience. You'll need to retake all your AS grades, and get AAA overall by the end of year 13. Then take a gap year doing nothing but relevant work experience. Do the UKCAT in Autumn 2017 and reapply for 2018/2019 entry. It's gonna be really hard work, but if you're determined enough you can do it.

I don't know if applying abroad is an option for you, if it is then you have a bunch of different opportunities. Otherwise for application in the UK, that plan is your only hope if medicine is the only thing you can picture yourself doing. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest