The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fairlyemily
My school is handling the transition really weirdly so I only did one AS in geography this year. Beasted it lads, full UMS! So happy :smile:

Most schools are working the same way. We're all winging it for now.

Congrats!
Original post by Matt.avf98
How long can I leave it to tell my insurance choice that I am not going there? I've been rejected by my firm but accepted by insurance, but I think I will try and get into my firm, perhaps on a different course. Seeing as this might take up to a week, is it OK for me to leave it that long before telling my insurance I won't be going?

My opinion is to wait. You don't want to turn down your insurance, then get rejected again from your firm on the second course. You will be left with nothing.

Wait for a week, if you can. At least, you know that you have a place at Uni.

Good luck.
Reply 9162
Original post by Ligand
A2
A* - OCR Salters Chemistry
A* - OCR Mathematics
A - OCR Physics

AS
A - OCR Salters Chemistry
A - OCR Mathematics
A - OCR Physics
A - Edexcel Biology

Going to study Chemistry at Durham!

Well done! I just finished my first year, same course. It's pretty great tbh. Which college?
Original post by goal101
Got C C C D - AS results :/

Everything okay?
Original post by Nirgilis
That's fine. You could tell them the day before your course starts that you're not turning up :tongue:

Thanks for your response :smile:

Are you sure they would be fine releasing me so close to the start date?? It's unlikely i'll leave it that long :P, but up to say the end of August, would they definitely be fine with me saying i'll not be going?
Original post by PQ
I have no idea about that -

Luckily SFE have a page on TSR explaining it http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=26430-student-finance-clearing-2016

I might be being really thick here but I cannot see where it says 'change your application' :frown:
Reply 9166
Original post by PQ
You're not the first person even in this thread to say about going to SOAS to do english but swap to Law.

It's not going to happen - they're not stupid and they wont allow people in "through the back door". You can risk it but only do that if you're happy taking the original degree if they decline a request to swap....if you don't want to do english then don't take the place. There's quite a few places offering law

thats true
yes but not many in london tbh that i want to go to

I know Brunel have spaces but i don't like Brunel at all tbh. *
Original post by Wired_1800
My opinion is to wait. You don't want to turn down your insurance, then get rejected again from your firm on the second course. You will be left with nothing.

Wait for a week, if you can. At least, you know that you have a place at Uni.

Good luck.

Thanks for your advice :smile:
Can someone explain how clearing day works. Say for A-levels I am predicted an AAC or AAD and manage to get AAA or AAB and want to go somewhere like UCL where an AAB is needed. On clearing day is there a chance of them taking me because of my higher grade for what I want?
Everything okay?

Guys lets say if you done bad in a non reformed AS course. will the grade count towards anything. also can you choose not to include them in your application if you do not wish to let unis know about it
Original post by Joeyy113
I did !!

how did you do? (if you don't mind me asking)
Got C C D for my first linear year in AS.
Since we would have to do it again, next year l have to ace everything: mocks, homework etc.

Im dissapointed with my grades and l'm willing to change them next year as high as possible.
Original post by Matt.avf98
Thanks for your response :smile:

Are you sure they would be fine releasing me so close to the start date?? It's unlikely i'll leave it that long :P, but up to say the end of August, would they definitely be fine with me saying i'll not be going?

You can be released into Clearing up until the end of August, yep.
Original post by goal101
Got C C C D - AS results :/

It's okay. Breathe because this isn't the end of the world at all. You can work with those results.

Original post by 3mmz
thats true
yes but not many in london tbh that i want to go to

I know Brunel have spaces but i don't like Brunel at all tbh. *

Then don't go to Brunel. Find somewhere you love and a course you really want to do.
Original post by ParadoxSocks
What's the alternative? Yay for being happy with your insurance though! Have fun :biggrin:

Exeter offered me the AAB/ABB English course on the Penryn campus, which is completely different to the one I applied for! I'm just waiting on my remark, but I can't wait to start getting excited for my insurance :smile: thank you!
Original post by CardiffKate
If you've done all you can for now, just try to relax and be your best for the interview.

I'm from Worcester and my best friend did Sports Therapy there and has since worked in Physio for a number of football and rugby clubs. She had an amazing time at Worcester :smile:

Aw thank you! Thats really good to hear :smile: my friend is from Worcester and I've visited a few times its a pretty place! Fingers crossed I haven't heard anything yet
Original post by 10Fatanda
Can someone explain how clearing day works. Say for A-levels I am predicted an AAC or AAD and manage to get AAA or AAB and want to go somewhere like UCL where an AAB is needed. On clearing day is there a chance of them taking me because of my higher grade for what I want?

That's called adjustment :yep:

Original post by jayeshforce1
Guys lets say if you done bad in a non reformed AS course. will the grade count towards anything. also can you choose not to include them in your application if you do not wish to let unis know about it

You will have to declare your grade on UCAS, but your grade won't stand if you retake and do better :yep:
Original post by manningA15
how did you do? (if you don't mind me asking)

Both Bs, how about you?:smile:
Sounds like they've been pretty harsh from what mates have said...
You can be released into Clearing up until the end of August, yep.

Thank you for your help :smile:
Original post by 10Fatanda

You'd be looking at Adjustment if you exceed your original offer.

Original post by jayeshforce1

All grades have to be declared on your application.

Original post by the.chantele
Got C C D for my first linear year in AS.
Since we would have to do it again, next year l have to ace everything: mocks, homework etc.

Im dissapointed with my grades and l'm willing to change them next year as high as possible.

Work your socks off this year and make sure you know your spec inside out. Practice, ask questions, bother your teacher and make sure you know each part of the spec inside out.

Quick Reply