The Student Room Group

Should I just give up A levels now? Bad AS results

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GreatSuccess24
Don't worry what's done is done. Did you get your AS or A Level results? I'm also planning on retaking. I have made plan A, B and C before results day and redoing the year was plan C. I now know what really went wrong and next time I won't make the same mistakes. I've never failed in my life like this, my GCSEs were all A's and B's but this... I can't believe it tbh. Should I let my head of year know since I have her for 2 of my subjects (her subjects I passed with C's) but the other 2 I failed badly in? I didn't see her today when I got my results but I was planning to. Shall I sent her an email?

Please tell me what went wrong so i don't repeat the same mistakes as i start AS this september.
Original post by jerrymens
Please tell me what went wrong so i don't repeat the same mistakes as i start AS this september.

- Revision techniques
- Left revision a bit late (April)
- Didn't ask teacher for help
- Revision timetable - couldn't stick to it

These were the 4 main reasons.
Original post by GreatSuccess24
- Revision techniques
- Left revision a bit late (April)
- Didn't ask teacher for help
- Revision timetable - couldn't stick to it

These were the 4 main reasons.

Thanks. And actually i used this summer studying the first few chapters of my 4 AS subjects, would hopefully start practising past papers from January, is it a good idea to do this or should i spend more time studying the textbooks?
Original post by jerrymens
Thanks. And actually i used this summer studying the first few chapters of my 4 AS subjects, would hopefully start practising past papers from January, is it a good idea to do this or should i spend more time studying the textbooks?

Use textbooks and past papers equally. However I didn't use the textbook a lot. I just used it to get an overall idea of what the topic is like then I used the CGP revision guide and revised the topics together with some useful websites online as well.
Maybe drop the BTEC and focus on only 3 subjects, cus it's a lot to take in everything at once.
I got U's and D's in my first year, retook and did wayyyy better:smile: so don't give up!
My brother's friend got BDUE and retook the year and managed to get AAAA and is now in Imperial studying medicine :smile: do not quit! Anyone can improve!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
They do Law BTEC?????

Quick Reply

Latest