The Student Room Group

has anyone used Jack Brown on youtube

I'm started sixth form in September and wanting to give myself a head start in alevel maths, came across a guy called Jack Brown on youtube and he does Core 1-4 as well as statistics and mechanics. Has anyone used his videos, are they worth watching and making notes from as there are so many?
Reply 1
Original post by jazz_xox_
I'm started sixth form in September and wanting to give myself a head start in alevel maths, came across a guy called Jack Brown on youtube and he does Core 1-4 as well as statistics and mechanics. Has anyone used his videos, are they worth watching and making notes from as there are so many?

If you're doing MEI then definitely. (Don't just rely on one source for revision though!)

But yeah he was a massive help in my AS, he covers most of the spec and doesn't drag on and on like my maths teacher did. Clear & concise. No need really to make notes, just do the questions as you go and you will remember how to do them. Honestly though, there's no need to get a "head start" in any subject, just enjoy your break and give it your all when you're back.

Good luck for your GCSE results! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by QPRTeags
If you're doing MEI then definitely. (Don't just rely on one source for revision though!)

But yeah he was a massive help in my AS, he covers most of the spec and doesn't drag on and on like my maths teacher did. Clear & concise. No need really to make notes, just do the questions as you go and you will remember how to do them. Honestly though, there's no need to get a "head start" in any subject, just enjoy your break and give it your all when you're back.

Good luck for your GCSE results! :smile:

Is MEI an exam board? I'm doing AQA but he has videos for this.
Okay thank you I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't be wasting my time by watching them! I'm not going to do too much before I go back, just want to cover a few topics and also refresh myself. Thank you! I'm presuming you got your AS results today, how did you do? :smile:

I used his Statistics playlist to make notes on the module in preparation to retake it.

Least to say I got a C and went up by a grade... even though I felt as if I got a good 90 UMS in this :colonhash: ...I hate stats.
Reply 4
Original post by RDKGames
I used his Statistics playlist to make notes on the module in preparation to retake it.

Least to say I got a C and went up by a grade... even though I felt as if I got a good 90 UMS in this :colonhash: ...I hate stats.

Thank you, thats great that you went up a grade, did you get your re sit grade today? :smile: and is stats really that bad? :ashamed2:
Thank you, thats great that you went up a grade, did you get your re sit grade today? :smile: and is stats really that bad? :ashamed2:

Yes, I've received that re-sit grade today but it helped me the B in FM overall. It's hard to say whether stats is bad, I think don't think I work with it very well. I think the underlying concepts can be grasped quite quickly, it's just the application that is tricky. At least for me.
Reply 6
Original post by RDKGames
Yes, I've received that re-sit grade today but it helped me the B in FM overall. It's hard to say whether stats is bad, I think don't think I work with it very well. I think the underlying concepts can be grasped quite quickly, it's just the application that is tricky. At least for me.

Well done :smile: Ah right I know what you mean. I did further maths level 2 in GCSE and only had a few months to learn it and thought I was quite prepared but now I am feeling 0% confident for that exam. Obviously I will have a lot more time spent on A-Level maths so hopefully I will do okay.
Reply 7
KhanAcademy is better for a good understanding

Quick Reply

Latest