The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Are these AS grades good enough for Warwick

I received CCBB at AS, do you think i stand a chance?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by asos98

What subjects?

What course do you want to do at warwick?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
What course?
Reply 3
Original post by LPauling
What subjects?

What course do you want to do at warwick?

I got Bs in Sociology and Religious studies and Cs in Maths and Business,
i want to apply for Law and Sociology, i also think my personal statement is quite good
Original post by asos98
i want to apply for Law and Sociology, i also think my personal statement is quite good

Warwick wants AAA so I would say that it is quite unlikely but to still apply you have 5 options no harm in having one of them as a high one
Original post by asos98

From Warwick website..
"A level: AAB. Sociology preferred but not essential"
You'll probably get A predictions in Sociology and RS, then your third one doesn't really matter as long as you get a B prediction. Maths is probably more respected though than business.
Reply 6
Original post by LPauling
Warwick wants AAA so I would say that it is quite unlikely but to still apply you have 5 options no harm in having one of them as a high one

Yeah i will apply and hopefully they might give me a conditional offer and i have sociology which they say is desirable
Reply 7
Original post by DarkEnergy
From Warwick website..
"A level: AAB. Sociology preferred but not essential"
You'll probably get A predictions in Sociology and RS, then your third one doesn't really matter as long as you get a B prediction. Maths is probably more respected though than business.

Yeah i'll be preficted AAB so they might give me a conditional offer, i will also have a level sociology which they say is preffered
Original post by asos98

I'm a current Warwick student and I applied with ABCC at AS and got an offer fairly sharpish, so it's absolutely worth applying if you think you can make at least AAB at A2. No matter what anyone says, they do let people in with results lower than the offer. If you can get yourself a good reference you'd be mad not to apply!
Reply 9
Original post by thehistorybore
I'm a current Warwick student and I applied with ABCC at AS and got an offer fairly sharpish, so it's absolutely worth applying if you think you can make at least AAB at A2. No matter what anyone says, they do let people in with results lower than the offer. If you can get yourself a good reference you'd be mad not to apply!

I'll definitley give it a go, we have really similar grades ahah, i'm just happy because i didn't get lower than a C in any of the subjects. Yeah next year i think i'll revise so il go for the As, i hope they'll give me a conditional offer instead of rejecting me straight away
Original post by asos98
I'll definitley give it a go, we have really similar grades ahah, i'm just happy because i didn't get lower than a C in any of the subjects. Yeah next year i think i'll revise so il go for the As, i hope they'll give me a conditional offer instead of rejecting me straight away

I was the same for AS, did no work for it at all and got lucky. I don't recommend it for A2, it isn't easy and I worked very hard to ensure that I met the offer; if you're prepared for that, apply!
Reply 11
Same question for me lol,
A-Maths
B-Physics
C-History
D-Further Maths
Completely melted down in my further maths, planning to retake the AS while doing the A2 modules planning to drop history. My original hope was MORSE at A*AA but considering Civil Engineering at AAA is it worth me applying
Hey, I'm also thinking of studying Law & Sociology at Warwick and I got pretty similar AS grades ABCC. I'm sure that Warwick will provide you with an offer especially as you're studying sociology for A Levels. :smile:
Hi I got ABBC in AS but I'm predicted A*AA. I want to study law. Is it worth applying
No
Reply 15
Original post by inspiringtop123
No

Looks like i've found the ďickhead
Original post by davina99
Hi I got ABBC in AS but I'm predicted A*AA. I want to study law. Is it worth applying

yes!
Original post by asos98
Looks like i've found the ďickhead

I'm just being honest, Warwick asks for an AAA prediction, they wouldn't believe that you could achieve that if you're AS is CCBB
If u can get predictions that meet the entry requirements and all other aspects of your application are strong then I don't see why not. U will never know unless u try :wink:
Original post by SlightlyOverdone
I got ABEU and I dropped the subject I got an E in and they still gave me an AAA offer. so you'll definitely get an offer
Really that gives me hope, do you think you got an offer because of gcse,s or like personal statement?

Quick Reply

Latest