The Student Room Group

Fashion Technology at Leeds - anybody knows what this is?

Hi all.
I really want to go to Leeds Uni but didn't get my grades. I looked at their courses for clearing and found BA Fashion Technology. It looks quite good but it is rather different from what I wanted to do originally. Has anybody applied for Fashion Technology? Do you know what it is about?
Help please!
Check the course content.
Reply 2
Original post by dishwashersafe
Hi all.
I really want to go to Leeds Uni but didn't get my grades. I looked at their courses for clearing and found BA Fashion Technology. It looks quite good but it is rather different from what I wanted to do originally. Has anybody applied for Fashion Technology? Do you know what it is about?
Help please!
Try Googling it? It is pretty niche but could well be a course that is well-networked into the industry so has better career prospects than you might suppose.
Hi all.
Help please!

It really depends from uni to uni, depending on the path that you go down it could lead to the more creative side or more chemistry side (I have a friend doing a masters in it)
Ok, thanks all. i think I need to make my mind up now. They say the career opportunities are very good.
Slowbro93: can I ask what your friend is doing in his masters?
Here they say there is some science but it is more about science concepts than deep understanding. then it is about applying these concepts and understanding them in a business environment.
Ok, thanks all. i think I need to make my mind up now. They say the career opportunities are very good.
Slowbro93: can I ask what your friend is doing in his masters?
Here they say there is some science but it is more about science concepts than deep understanding. then it is about applying these concepts and understanding them in a business environment.

She's doing it in this: http://www.design.leeds.ac.uk/pg/textiles/

She previously did a degree in Textile Engineering, which is the reason why I know about this :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest