The Student Room Group

AS Results - Help please

I just got my AS results (AABB) and I was one mark off an A in edexcel Government and Politics

My issue is that I don't know which paper to send for remarking. My bad paper was unit 1 which was 76 UMS and my good paper was unit 2 83 UMS.

Unit 1 has a higher chance of going up as there are more questions and more marks to be gained but unit 2 was my stronger paper so the answers are better. Unit 1's answers were also pretty bad so theres a chance it could go down even which i really dont want.

Which one should I send off? I can't do both.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by hbaig27
I just got my AS results (AABB) and I was one mark off an A in edexcel Government and Politics

My issue is that I don't know which paper to send for remarking. My bad paper was unit 1 which was 76 UMS and my good paper was unit 2 83 UMS.

Unit 1 has a higher chance of going up as there are more questions and more marks to be gained but unit 2 was my stronger paper so the answers are better.

Which one should I send off? I can't do both.

I would say paper 1

But why can't you send off both?
Reply 2
Original post by LPauling
I would say paper 1

But why can't you send off both?

Really expensive for just one mark
Original post by hbaig27
Really expensive for just one mark

How much is each paper, your parents might pay?
Reply 4

65 pounds
Reply 5

I'm afraid unit 1 might bring the marks down though, it was a bad paper. unit 2 has good answers but I feel i got what i deserved for unit 2
Original post by hbaig27
I'm afraid unit 1 might bring the marks down though, it was a bad paper. unit 2 has good answers but I feel i got what i deserved for unit 2

But you have a higher chance of getting more marks in paper 1

Quick Reply

Latest