The Student Room Group

Is it worth appealing grade if you've got uni place?

I've got a grade in one paper at A level that I think is really wrong but I've got a place at my first choice uni anyway. So my question is basically will this A level grade ever come up in my life or is it quite irrelevant now I've got into uni?
Original post by smartalan73
I've got a grade in one paper at A level that I think is really wrong but I've got a place at my first choice uni anyway. So my question is basically will this A level grade ever come up in my life or is it quite irrelevant now I've got into uni?

It will matter a little but not as much as your degree / where you degree is from
It won't matter. Once you're in uni it will not come up again. By all means ask for a remark if you want, but you'll have to pay and won't get a remark if your grade doesn't improve.

Congratulations for getting into your first choice :smile: Enjoy university :biggrin:
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
It won't matter. Once you're in uni it will not come up again. By all means ask for a remark if you want, but you'll have to pay and won't get a remark if your grade doesn't improve.

Congratulations for getting into your first choice :smile: Enjoy university :biggrin:

Thanks, I won't bother appealing then! The paper did feel like it went quite badly but I've got a U in it and I've never got less than a B before in any paper ever so I find it hard to believe. I'll just make sure I get an ace degree to cover it up :biggrin:
Original post by smartalan73
Thanks, I won't bother appealing then! The paper did feel like it went quite badly but I've got a U in it and I've never got less than a B before in any paper ever so I find it hard to believe. I'll just make sure I get an ace degree to cover it up :biggrin:

That's really odd, sorry to hear about that but as I say it won't matter once you have a degree. What will you be studying? :smile:
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
That's really odd, sorry to hear about that but as I say it won't matter once you have a degree. What will you be studying? :smile:

Mathematics (the dodgy grade was in chemistry)
Reply 6
It can't hurt so why not.

Quick Reply