The Student Room Group

Can I still go to this uni after my AS results?

I did quite bad in my AS exams - I got a B in AS Maths and An E in Physics. I am already dropping physics to carry on with Maths, Chemistry, History. I think I can get predicted an A in both Chemistry and History, but I am not sure about maths? Can I get a predicted grade A in maths, can I go to Manchester Uni to study economics with my poor AS results and also should I do another AS level to make up for the physics ?
Original post by maoism123
I did quite bad in my AS exams - I got a B in AS Maths and An E in Physics. I am already dropping physics to carry on with Maths, Chemistry, History. I think I can get predicted an A in both Chemistry and History, but I am not sure about maths? Can I get a predicted grade A in maths, can I go to Manchester Uni to study economics with my poor AS results and also should I do another AS level to make up for the physics ?

You can definitely get an A predicted grade in Maths with that AS level. As to going to those Universities, you will need to look at their entry requirements on their webpage and see if you can match them :h:
Original post by Nirgilis
You can definitely get an A predicted grade in Maths with that AS level. As to going to those Universities, you will need to look at their entry requirements on their webpage and see if you can match them :h:

I think Uni of Manchester ask for AAB and they don't specify the AS grades needed. Would you advise taking another AS level? Thank you for your help !
I think Uni of Manchester ask for AAB and they don't specify the AS grades needed. Would you advise taking another AS level? Thank you for your help !

:nah: . Your offer will state 3 grades, so you won't need another AS-level, since you have 3 A2-levels. I would therefore use your time to really focus on those 3 subjects to achieve the maximum grade you can :yep:
Original post by Nirgilis
:nah: . Your offer will state 3 grades, so you won't need another AS-level, since you have 3 A2-levels. I would therefore use your time to really focus on those 3 subjects to achieve the maximum grade you can :yep:

Ahh okay thank you, I have been worrying a lot! I would like to know why my predicted grade will be an A for maths? And would you say physics AS has much relevance to economics so it won't be looked on too much? Thank you fro your help!!
Ahh okay thank you, I have been worrying a lot! I would like to know why my predicted grade will be an A for maths? And would you say physics AS has much relevance to economics so it won't be looked on too much? Thank you fro your help!!

Teachers are generally okay with predicting one grade higher than what you achieved at AS-level. Since you got a B, they should be happy to predict you an A! :h: . And generally, Economics might ask for a Science-subject, so Physics is just as good as Chemistry. But look at the page of the Universities you are interesting in to be sure :yep: .

Quick Reply

Latest