The Student Room Group
University of York
York

University of York Freshers Megathread 2016

Results day is just around the corner (), but this is the place to be on the day and onwards!

A preemptive congratulations to those that are going to the university and you can use this thread to say hello to fellow students before your fantastic journey begins!

This thread is yours, take it away

Scroll to see replies

Congrats to anyone who's going to be a York Fresher this year!

Hope you have a great time. Can't believe it's now 15 years since I started at York (2001).
University of York
York
If you've just found out you'll be starting at York, CONGRATULATIONS :congrats::congrats:

Go over to our our Welcome pages to find out about your next steps...

Mark
Hi! I'm Atalie and I have gotten into Biology with a year in Industry at York. Super excited :colondollar: Well-done to everyone else who has gotten into York
Reply 4
I'm in for Archaeology! I'm so happy and excited to start :smile:
Reply 5
Confirmed for Chemistry- I can't wait to start!
Congrats to all that got accepted to UoY, you'll love it. Now just get ready for freshers week, it will be ca-razy! - 2nd year at York
I got BDD at AS, needed ABB for CompSci, and got A*A*A today :O :O :O :O
I'm coming to York for Law - so excited! I got my first choice accommodation (Constantine College) as well, which I'm really happy about.
Original post by StephenKing12
Hi! I'm Atalie and I have gotten into Biology with a year in Industry at York. Super excited :colondollar: Well-done to everyone else who has gotten into York

Original post by neriine
I'm in for Archaeology! I'm so happy and excited to start :smile:

Original post by alc6

Original post by Cascadess

Original post by doctorwhofan98
I'm coming to York for Law - so excited! I got my first choice accommodation (Constantine College) as well, which I'm really happy about.

Congratulations everyone! They're all fantastic results and we're looking forward to seeing you all in September! Hope you're all having a great time celebrating - you can relax now! :thumbsup:
Hi! Got into York today, so excited, but really disappointed about getting my 7th choice accommodation. If anyone is on Hes East (would really love Langwith) and wants to be on Hes West I am looking to swap. I have a ensuite, catered room in James, 40 weeks.

Thanks!
Reply 11
Very happy to have gotten into York physics! Though very disappointed with my room, very late in my application despite my applying for accommodation the day it opened. Still, can't wait to start!
Hello, had York as my insurance and missed out on my firm so I'm a bit unprepared (not been there, not booked accommodation), looking for advice. I'm doing Economics, where exactly in the university is the department and are there any colleges you recommend at this late a time?
Original post by dripper
Hello, had York as my insurance and missed out on my firm so I'm a bit unprepared (not been there, not booked accommodation), looking for advice. I'm doing Economics, where exactly in the university is the department and are there any colleges you recommend at this late a time?

Hiya,

The Economics department is in Alcuin College, which is situated on Campus West. Did you fill out an accommodation application when you selected York as an insurance choice? You would have been invited to do so in around May.

If you haven't, we may not be able to guarantee accommodation for you. You can apply for accommodation here and we'll do our best to allocate you! As such, you may not get that much choice with regards to your room or college!

Katie :smile:
Original post by University of York
Hiya,

The Economics department is in Alcuin College, which is situated on Campus West. Did you fill out an accommodation application when you selected York as an insurance choice? You would have been invited to do so in around May.

If you haven't, we may not be able to guarantee accommodation for you. You can apply for accommodation here and we'll do our best to allocate you! As such, you may not get that much choice with regards to your room or college!

Katie :smile:
Yeah, I was a tad disorganised and didn't get around to it. I'll be filling it up now, thank you.
Reply 15
Original post by alc6

That's what I thought and then I realised first term is thermodynamics!
Original post by doctorwhofan98

I got Constantine too :five:
Original post by Gingerbread101
I got Constantine too :five:

Yay! I know York isn't your first choice but I'm sure you'll love it if you're ultimately going there.
Reply 18
Original post by Cascadess

HI, I just got into CompSci as well!
Reply 19
Ohhh didn't see this!!!
Looking forward to starting and having this wait end :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending