The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Do LSE look down upon applicants who have taken a gap year to resit exams?

So I had an offer at LSE for Law but I missed my grade requirements. I am thinking of doing an internship this year hopefully related to law and resitting exams to get the A* that I missed. Will I be at a disadvantage and less likely to get an offer this year? (2017 )
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
I phoned them a couple of minutes ago about the same thing and they said that you would be at a slight disadvantage (- if you consider the competition of applicants and over-subscription of the uni), and they prefer people who got their results in the first sitting rather than retaking. You should still apply though, you have nothing to lose, as they said that they will still take into consideration the other factors like a strong personal statement, etc.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Officially not especially albeit preference is given to people who get the grades first time round.
Original post by romaiseb
I phoned them a couple of minutes ago about the same thing and they said that you would be at a slight disadvantage (- if you consider the competition of applicants and over-subscription of the uni), and they prefer people who got their results in the first sitting rather than retaking. You should still apply though, you have nothing to lose, as they said that they will still take into consideration the other factors like a strong personal statement, etc.

Will you be retaking and reapplying too, if you don't mind me asking? :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Jasminethegeek
Will you be retaking and reapplying to, if you don't mind me asking? :smile:

I haven't applied yet because I wanted to apply with my actual results - so yes, this September I will be applying while on my gap year & I will be retaking one module - and yourself?
I haven't applied yet because I wanted to apply with my actual results - so yes, this September I will be applying while on my gap year & I will be retaking one module - and yourself?

Ah! Good luck!! I will be reapplying and retaking also. If you don't mind me asking what will you be up to in your Gap year? :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Jasminethegeek
Ah! Good luck!! I will be reapplying and retaking also. If you don't mind me asking what will you be up to in your Gap year? :smile:

Good luck to you too! I will be working and doing some internships/work experience, and then some travelling hopefully - what about you?
Good luck to you too! I will be working and doing some internships/work experience, and then some travelling hopefully - what about you?

I'm really unsure yet! Can't seem to find anything appealing and I really want something law related! :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending