The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

I phoned Bournemouth again at 3 and the lady told me to check my emails... they gave me an offer I'm so happy right now! Just added it into Track :biggrin: Thanks to everyone who's helped me! x
Original post by claireestelle
you choose which paper you want remarking, speak to your centres exams officer and they'll explain it to you :smile: Maybe go for the 82/100 and the 81/100.

the only reason I'm considering it is because the uni does a reward bursary for anyone who gets A*A*A or above :cry2:

I assume it's quite a long process right? in which case it probably wouldn't help heh
Original post by Joeyy113
Yeah English wasn't so bad.... have a girl in my sociology class who managed it, yet she did do nothing but work through out the year.

What section of history did you do? Also what books for english? :smile:

I did the 'E' papers (Russia and GDR) for history and Frankenstein/Handmaid's Tale/Waiting for Godot for English :smile: what about you?
Original post by Alexion

the only reason I'm considering it is because the uni does a reward bursary for anyone who gets A*A*A or above :cry2:

I assume it's quite a long process right? in which case it probably wouldn't help heh

Priority remarks take 10 working days, its not cheap though.
Original post by PQ
That sucks :frown:

Those grades are amazing - noone should feel disappointed with them

Have you got a plan B?

Thank you for the emotional support. I will be travelling to Imperial and trying to talk someone in person (I live in London). The B was high, but possibly not high enough for an immediate remark.
Guyss one quick question-
Unis look at my combined AS and A2 grades instead of just A2 grades, right??
Original post by ParadoxSocks
Congrats! Where are you off to?

Just year 13, but these grades let me apply to the unis I've wanted!
Original post by mint_chocolate
Guyss one quick question-
Unis look at my combined AS and A2 grades instead of just A2 grades, right??

Yup. That's what matters to them.
Original post by manningA15
I did the 'E' papers (Russia and GDR) for history and Frankenstein/Handmaid's Tale/Waiting for Godot for English :smile: what about you?

Same for history!!
War or the Worlds/ Handmaids and Street Car for English.
:smile:
Original post by Nirgilis
Congratulations! :awesome: :woo: :party:

Are you considering remarking it?

Would you resit the exams?

I kind of trust the examiners to marks maths exams correctly (because it's so objective) so I wasn't planning on remarking . . . Should I ??

I know that in decision 2 I've lost 7 marks out of 72 and if I'd lost 6 marks I'd get an a*
Original post by claireestelle
Priority remarks take 10 working days, its not cheap though.

probably not an option then ;_;
Original post by roarchika
Just year 13, but these grades let me apply to the unis I've wanted!

Ah brilliant. Where are you hoping for?
Reply 9252
Original post by OriginalLifelin
Last year I got 98% in English and 97% in RE. This year I'm too sad to calculate my ums for A2. But overall in English A Level I got 90% UMS

Check if you were close to an A*. If you were, it might be worth a remark, especially with those subjects. It's up to you though.
Original post by Nirgilis
Yup. That's what matters to them.

thanksss:cute: I totally ****ed up my A2 exams and luckily I got my AS grades to back them up:s-smilie:
Original post by mint_chocolate
Thanks for the heads up!! One more question plsss- Unis look at my combined AS and A2 grades instead of just A2 grades, right??

They can see your results - both those you had when you applied and those that have come through.
Your results will be for A levels (A2+AS) and AS levels.

A2 is not a qualification in it's own right.

Original post by emiloujess
I phoned Bournemouth again at 3 and the lady told me to check my emails... they gave me an offer I'm so happy right now! Just added it into Track :biggrin: Thanks to everyone who's helped me! x

WOOHOOOO

It feels like an epic saga :yes:

So chuffed
Original post by Joeyy113
Same for history!!
War or the Worlds/ Handmaids and Street Car for English.
:smile:

How did you find the exams? Personally I found Russia a nightmare.
For English did you do Poems of the Decade? :smile:
Original post by ParadoxSocks
Ah brilliant. Where are you hoping for?

Oxford or UCL, hopefully!
Original post by duncanjgraham
I kind of trust the examiners to marks maths exams correctly (because it's so objective) so I wasn't planning on remarking . . . Should I ??

I know that in decision 2 I've lost 7 marks out of 72 and if I'd lost 6 marks I'd get an a*

If you're happy with your current grade, then I wouldn't remark the exam to be honest. It just depends on how much of a risk you feel like taking :wink:
Hello, I received my AS results today. Sociology A, English Lit B, History B. Yet to my surprise I got a D in creative writing, despite my teacher continuously telling me I should be aiming for a B or A. Firstly I was wondering how badly this would impact me when I'm applying to uni... (looking to go to York, UCL, Birmingham or St Andrews). Secondly would it be worth getting remarked? Hope every one got the grades wanted !!!Thanks Jo.:smile:))

Sorry to keep posting this - just panicking ahaha :smile:
Original post by PQ
They can see your results - both those you had when you applied and those that have come through.
Your results will be for A levels (A2+AS) and AS levels.

A2 is not a qualification in it's own right.

WOOHOOOO

It feels like an epic saga :yes:

So chuffed

:biggrin: Seriously though thank you so much for all the help!

Quick Reply

Latest