The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Accommodation at King's College

My daughter has been offered a place at KCL in Adjustment (she got A* A * A and her i1st choice offer was AAA) but she is not sure what to do because as far as we ca tell she might not get any accommodation - we are inside the M25 (just) but she does not want to live at home. Can anyone tell me what the likelihood of her getting accommodation now, would be? She's happy to use the tube etc & tho she'd like to, she does not have to be next door to the campus.
Original post by dontargue
My daughter has been offered a place at KCL in Adjustment (she got A* A * A and her i1st choice offer was AAA) but she is not sure what to do because as far as we ca tell she might not get any accommodation - we are inside the M25 (just) but she does not want to live at home. Can anyone tell me what the likelihood of her getting accommodation now, would be? She's happy to use the tube etc & tho she'd like to, she does not have to be next door to the campus.

This is something that is worth discussing with the Admissions team (Number can be found here: http://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/contact-us.aspx). It re-opens tomorrow morning at 9am as it's currently close for Clearing/Adjustment.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by MrDystopia
This is something that is worth discussing with the Admissions team (Number can be found here: http://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/contact-us.aspx). It re-opens tomorrow morning at 9am as it's currently close for Clearing/Adjustment.

I know, that's the problem! She has to accept or decline the offer before 9 am tomorrow & the accommodation office is closed until then! She did call the admissions office but they said call Accommodations...
I know, that's the problem! She has to accept or decline the offer before 9 am tomorrow & the accommodation office is closed until then! She did call the admissions office but they said call Accommodations...

In this case, if she's intent on studying at KCL then it would be worth confirming the choice and discussing accommodation afterwards. Especially if she doesn't mind commuting in the case she doesn't get accommodation. You could also explore the possibility of private accommodation if that's an option for your daughter.
Reply 4
Original post by MrDystopia
In this case, if she's intent on studying at KCL then it would be worth confirming the choice and discussing accommodation afterwards. Especially if she doesn't mind commuting in the case she doesn't get accommodation. You could also explore the possibility of private accommodation if that's an option for your daughter.

The problem with confirming is that she then automatically loses her place at Bristol, and she is torn between the two!
The problem with confirming is that she then automatically loses her place at Bristol, and she is torn between the two!

Ah I see, that's a decision she would have to make then, as you said it is true that once she Adjusts to KCL her original offer will be lost.

Quick Reply

Latest