The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Peterhouse Admissions
Waiting game I'm afraid. Your College will let you know if you're being pooled but it's likely they haven't decided yet.

Do the colleges have a deadline or target that they try to reply to everyone by?
Are there official facebook groups for certain colleges / departments and stuff yet or not?
Original post by liamm691
Do the colleges have a deadline or target that they try to reply to everyone by?

You should know in the next hour or so if you're being pooled and if you are pooled you should hopefully know the outcome by 6 tomorrow or Monday at the very very latest.
Reply 3483
Looks like the waiting has only just begun... Queens' say that they are not updating anything until late tomorrow, I assume this also includes whether people have been summer pooled or not.

Congrats to everyone who did make their offers!
Original post by AlexeiLipov
Are there official facebook groups for certain colleges / departments and stuff yet or not?

I've noticed some people having joined college Facebook groups for this year, as well as joining my own college one (Catz). If you search the college name and freshers on Facebook and one comes up with a decent number of members (including current students if you can see that) then that is likely to be the one.
Also this, which I've just stumbled across, would appear to be the official CUSU freshers' group.
Reply 3486
Original post by ab66
Looks like the waiting has only just begun... Queens' say that they are not updating anything until late tomorrow, I assume this also includes whether people have been summer pooled or not.

Congrats to everyone who did make their offers!

Scrap that, emailed to confirm and I've been summer pooled.
Maths-A*
Furthermaths-A*
Chemistry-A
Physics-B
Iam an international student who did international advanced level. So can I get an offer from cambridge university for chemical engineering.
Original post by AlexeiLipov

The college JCRs will do that in due course. I strongly recommend NOT joining any unofficial FB groups (especially if they appear to be at the university level) - you will get spammed...
Original post by nimesh007
Maths-A*
Furthermaths-A*
Chemistry-A
Physics-B
Iam an international student who did international advanced level. So can I get an offer from cambridge university for chemical engineering.

Are you applying in your gap year?

The B in Physics may be a concern for Cambridge. ChemEng is more about Maths & Physics than Chemistry.
I suppose the chances I'll be fished for medicine is quite low right? Summer pool's mainly for maths applicants? Needed a*a*a but for a*aa

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Medic_12345
I suppose the chances I'll be fished for medicine is quite low right? Summer pool's mainly for maths applicants? Needed a*a*a but for a*aa

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maths make up the largest by numbers but other subjects have a reasonable hit rate - we wouldn't bother otherwise. Only realistic candidates are pooled as otherwise we're not being kind to applicants if they need to sort things out with their insurance choice or go through clearing. Medicine has a quota system with a limited number of places but there are places for pooled candidates in Medicine this year (no pooling would be allowed otherwise).

Good luck!
(edited 7 years ago)
So Track says I've been accepted by King's, Cambridge. A few of the other offer olders for maths @ King's have gotten confirmation emails, any reason why I haven't? (It's been an entire day...)
Original post by Zacken
So Track says I've been accepted by King's, Cambridge. A few of the other offer olders for maths @ King's have gotten confirmation emails, any reason why I haven't? (It's been an entire day...)

It is obvious.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can Cambridge revoke you admission? I do five a levels and I met my offer and got a letter of acceptance. However, in two of my a levels I got VERY bad UMS scores
in the exams. I have to tell my college what ums scores I got. Will the college
reconsider giving me a place when they see these scores? Might they withdraw my
place?
Original post by physicsmaths
It is obvious.

Posted from TSR Mobile

they were too busy sending you a mail telling you to **** off?
@Peterhouse Admissions If we haven't been contacted yet, does this mean we're not in the Summer Pool?
Original post by AinsleyHarriott
Can Cambridge revoke you admission? I do five a levels and I met my offer and got a letter of acceptance. However, in two of my a levels I got VERY bad UMS scores
place?

Lol,no they are legally bound to give you the place.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AinsleyHarriott
place?

If you met the offer set then you're confirmed. The only circumstances where enrolment would be denied are if we think you've cheated or lied on your application (e.g. sending us doctored certificates or hiding previous qualifications) or if your immigration or fee status is incorrect (you're in the country illegally, don't get the right visa, are being deported, aren't eligible for home fee status etc.). Maybe if you're sentenced to prison? I think this might be on a case-by-case basis though. Unless your awaiting trial or deportation I think you'll be ok :smile:

I'm not exactly sure what would happen if you got a review of your marks and were adjusted down so that you no longer met the offer? Maybe don't try that to be safe.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by taylor9277
@Peterhouse Admissions If we haven't been contacted yet, does this mean we're not in the Summer Pool?

Not necessarily. Some colleges will be pooling lots of candidates and might not have contacted them. All will become clearer tomorrow.

Latest

Trending

Trending