The Student Room Group

Someone please help me with AS results :(

Hello guys,
Sorry everyone is asking this but I've had a bit of a mare today on results day (as have many) and I'm looking for some advice. None of my teachers have answered my emails yet and my mum doesn't really understand it all!
I took English Lit (new spec), History (new spec) and Philosophy and Ethics (old spec.) I was predicted AAB/ABB and honestly thought I'd got that today or done even better! In my mocks I got AAB so was pretty shocked this morning. I opened up a B in History, C in Philosophy and a D in English Lit. I was hoping to go to a Uni like Cardiff, Sussex or Exeter to do History but I don't think I'd even get an offer with grades like that...

Is it worth retaking the year even though English and History don't count? Or is it worth just sticking with the grades I've got which are pretty average and applying to Uni's with lower entry requirements like UWE and Oxford Brookes? Or risk not getting any offers and just applying through clearing next year?
Thanks so much. Hope you all did well today.
Hey, with the changes that have happened with A-levels it may be worth requesting a remark. UWE and Brookes are of course lower int he rankings than your intial 3 but are all great universities, Bristol in particular is an incredible city to live in.

But yeah, i'd start with a remark, then judge form there and think about how important the university ranking is to you.
Original post by Paulwyn
Hey, with the changes that have happened with A-levels it may be worth requesting a remark. UWE and Brookes are of course lower int he rankings than your intial 3 but are all great universities, Bristol in particular is an incredible city to live in.

But yeah, i'd start with a remark, then judge form there and think about how important the university ranking is to you.

Going to send them off but my mum won't pay for them annoyingly! X
Original post by Paulwyn

Original post by ellefrancessa
ah that sucks! how much are they?
Original post by Paulwyn
ah that sucks! how much are they?

Think its around £30 a paper, if the grade doesnt go up, you don't get the money up. And it will come to £120 and not even sure if the grade will even go up :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest