The Student Room Group

Didn'd do so well, but what can i do?

My friend today recieved their results and found out they didnt do so well. I was wondering for any advice. They got an E in food tech, D in English Lit/Lang, C in Media and then currently on a distinction in applied science. They want to go to study food at uni but feel let down as the exam came back badly while the coursework was graded high. I just want to know if anyone could help me give some advice on what they can do to get into uni to do food?
Original post by Rnoals19
My friend today recieved their results and found out they didnt do so well. I was wondering for any advice. They got an E in food tech, D in English Lit/Lang, C in Media and then currently on a distinction in applied science. They want to go to study food at uni but feel let down as the exam came back badly while the coursework was graded high. I just want to know if anyone could help me give some advice on what they can do to get into uni to do food?

No idea how short that falls of UCAS requirements.

Did they have firm or anywhere they really wanted to go to? Would they consider resitting if it meant getting better grades to get in?

The E in food tech when they wnat to do food is a weakness obviously.

They might be able to find somewhere in clearing who will give them a place. My concern is soemtimes people are too desparate to get into any uni is they dont see the big picture.

They might be able to get on a course with a foundation year, which gives them time to prep for the main degree. Talk to clearing. If nothing is there then they have the following options.

1. Resit, get a better grade , reapply and get to the uni they want and course they want. They have to figure out what went wrong and improve their grade. E has a lot of scope for improvement and they have to decid4e are they just weak academically or did they fail to apply themselves?

2. Go to college for a more vocational course, catering etc.

3. Do an apprenticeship in food i,e at a restaurant.

Quick Reply

Latest