The Student Room Group

If I don't get a B in mathematics

In the GCSE Edexcel maths exam I reckon I got around 90 or 95. If I want to do Computer Science at A Level I need a B, but if I'm a few marks off do you think they will let me in? It's not a prestigious college.
yes
Reply 2
Yeah I think they will let you off by a 'few' marks although you have to put a lot of hard work when it comes to A Levels apprently.
I need a B as well (same position as me) so pray for me!
Reply 3
Original post by ak143244
Yeah I think they will let you off by a 'few' marks although you have to put a lot of hard work when it comes to A Levels apprently.
I need a B as well (same position as me) so pray for me!

Ah okay thanks and good luck for results day. I'm terrified lol.
Original post by SamSp123
In the GCSE Edexcel maths exam I reckon I got around 90 or 95. If I want to do Computer Science at A Level I need a B, but if I'm a few marks off do you think they will let me in? It's not a prestigious college.

You have a decent chance of getting a B. I'm sure if you explain, if you miss a B by a few marks, they'll sympathise. Good luck at college! :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by _gcx
You have a decent chance of getting a B. I'm sure if you explain, if you miss a B by a few marks, they'll sympathise. Good luck at college! :biggrin:

Thank you lol, to be honest I don't really want to take Computer Science at A Level but some Universities told me it's a good alternative to maths if I want to be an architect. Good luck with your results.
Reply 6
Russell Group universities would rather you take Maths, and maybe Further Maths instead of Computer Science because they are facilitating subjects, a lot of universities also require this
Reply 7
Even if you don't get a B, just resit the exam in November. I'm sure that your college/sixth form will allow you in if you don't get a B, provided that you ensure them that you'll resit the exam.
Reply 8
Original post by Evess
Russell Group universities would rather you take Maths, and maybe Further Maths instead of Computer Science because they are facilitating subjects, a lot of universities also require this

I'm not interested in Russel Group universities, and most don't specify it, I wouldn't have said that if I hadn't looked it up but thanks for the help

Quick Reply