The Student Room Group

STEP Prep Thread 2016 (Mark. II)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zacken
Ah, I'm sure you've done fine then. Anywho, well done on Warwick (I've got a few friends heading there) and good luck for your STEP results. :smile:

Hey, thanks for all the help throughout the year with STEP. Good luck at Cambridge! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IrrationalRoot

Hey good luck with everything! I hope it went well for you.
Reply 3142
Original post by Glavien
Hey, thanks for all the help throughout the year with STEP. Good luck at Cambridge! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Appreciated. Thank you for being part of the STEP Prep thread. If you don't mind, what did you end up getting in STEP and how did things turn out for you? Got into your firm? :smile:
Well, I can't say my results were 'gutting' as such (although when it sinks it they will be) because I expected FAR worse. I genuinely feel like the examiners were just dishing out free marks lol.

Anyway:

STEP I: 1 (101 marks)
STEP II: S (96 marks)
STEP III: 1 (87 marks)

The GBs have literally flipped me off for I and III. Toss in the fact that these were the two papers I made extremely silly mistakes in and you can feel my pain (in I I forgot what that the set T was already defined in the question and was considering it as a general set for half an hour, for III I took 'sech' to be 'sinh' for the ENTIRE question).
Well, I can't say my results were 'gutting' as such (although when it sinks it they will be) because I expected FAR worse. I genuinely feel like the examiners were just dishing out free marks lol.

Anyway:

The GBs have literally flipped me off for I and III. Toss in the fact that these were the two papers I made extremely silly mistakes in and you can feel my pain (in I I forgot what that the set T was already defined in the question and was considering it as a general set for half an hour, for III I took 'sech' to be 'sinh' for the ENTIRE question).

Isn't Warwick your firm? Will you reapply to Cambridge?
Original post by Axiomara
Isn't Warwick your firm? Will you reapply to Cambridge?

Yeah got accepted by Warwick, definitely not reapplying to Cambridge but really, really would have liked to have been accepted first time round.

Anyway:

Massive grats m8 you truly deserve it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Duke Glacia
Massive grats m8 you truly deserve it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Reply 3148

Anyway:

Ha! Who cares, you're basically an SSS-er in all but name. Massive well done with those fantastic results, you'll boss it at Warwick.
Original post by EnglishMuon
Hey good luck with everything! I hope it went well for you.

How did you do? Three S's? :smile:
How did you do? Three S's? :smile:

nah not this time, luckily scraped 2 but still grateful for the generous marking :smile:
time to brag

114 in STEP 2
101 in STEP 3
Original post by Zacken
Appreciated. Thank you for being part of the STEP Prep thread. If you don't mind, what did you end up getting in STEP and how did things turn out for you? Got into your firm? :smile:

Hi, I got a 3 in STEP 1 but my offers didn't rely on it. Hence, I didn't put as much work in as I should've and just did it for fun when I had spare time. I was planning to take a gap year before results came out, so I could complete my A2 further maths, STEP again and maybe Add further maths. I'm gonna apply for 'Physics and Maths' for 2017 entry. Thanks again, I really appreciate it and also thanks to you and others on this thread, I got full UMS in all my A2 maths modules. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by StrangeBanana
time to brag

114 in STEP 2
101 in STEP 3

Edgy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Glavien
Hi, I got a 3 in STEP 1 but my offers didn't rely on it. Hence, I didn't put as much work in as I should've and just did it for fun when I had spare time. I was planning to take a gap year before results came out, so I could complete my A2 further maths, STEP again and maybe Add further maths. I'm gonna apply for 'Physics and Maths' for 2017 entry. Thanks again, I really appreciate it and also thanks to you and others on this thread, I got an A* and full UMS in all my A2 maths modules. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

be careful you don't cut yourself on it
So uni is approaching, what should I do to prepare? Read? More step?
I was offered a place for deferred entry to Queens' College (October, 2017 entry). The requirement for STEP was: S, 1 in any order in STEP 2, and 3. But unfortunately, I ended up really bad - 2, and 1 in STEP 2, and 3 respectively! :frown:Could anyone tell me if there is any chance of my getting accepted? :/

[P.S.: I've got a bronze medal at IMO 2015, and got another this year (2016). Also, I have two APMO bronze medals]
(edited 7 years ago)
Hmmm... I got 1,1 in STEP II and III but only A*AA instead of A*A*A (messed up on FM) and it seems I have been pooled. Just my luck.
Original post by tridianprime
Hmmm... I got 1,1 in STEP II and III but only A*AA instead of A*A*A (messed up on FM) and it seems I have been pooled. Just my luck.

Its trinity ikr.
Dw all will be good.
What raw marks were your II n III?
Your chances in the pool are very very high.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest