The Student Room Group

A Level Results: Post Your Results (AS)

Scroll to see replies

Maths: predicted grade A/ achieved grade A
German: predicted grade B/ achieved grade B
Chemistry:tongue:redicted grade A/ achieved grade B
History: predicted grade A/ achieved grade C

Very pleased with maths and German, and chemistry I expected as the exams were hard but it doesn't count towards next year so it's all fine but really shocked by history, I had been getting A's all year round and the exam felt no different so to end in a C is quite disappointing but I am dropping it anyway so overall they are quite good results
(edited 7 years ago)

Psychology: Predicted B / Achieved A

Health and Social Care: Predicted C / Achieved A

Sociology: Predicted B / Achieved C (really annoyed about this grade)

English Literature: Predicted D / Achieved D

Results

Maths: Predicted A / Achieved A

Further Maths: Predicted A/B / Achieved A

Biology: Predicted A / Achieved A

Chemistry: Predicted A / Achieved A

French: Predicted B / Achieved A

Comments and reactions
I'm obviously delighted - bit confused about the French where I got a C in one module and A in another, but I guess it averaged out to a low A. I've dropped further maths, which was a good choice since I managed to get a D in the mechanics module :s-smilie: Ecstatic overall

Future ambitions
Study medicine - currently thinking of applying to Manchester, KCL, UCL, and maybe Oxford depending on how confident I feel
I got a D in one of my AS modules. Can I still apply for Cambridge?
Original post by bobongo98765
I got 120 points in aqa chemistry 7404 and a B how do I work out how far away from an a I was because the grade boundaries on aqa don't seem to be in points?

120 is the minimum UMS for a B grade - so 105 would be C, 120 B, and 135 A. It isn't your UMS, it is simply the lowest needed for a B.
Results
English Literature: Predicted C / Achieved A
RS: Predicted C / Achieved A
Government and Politics: Predicted D / Achieved B
History: Predicted E or U / Achieved E (phaha)

Comments and Reactions
QHGDFeakjfgSDJFKKJSDFHKLAS WHAT THE ACTUAL **** I CANNOT FATHOM HOW I GOT THESE GRADES I THOUGHT I WASN'T GOING TO GET A SINGLE A!!!! I knew History was a disaster so I don't really care, but OMG I'm happy.

Future Ambitions
Wanna do Anthropology
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by rosemondtan
You did 7 AS?? Daaaaamn

Lol no I did 4, someone wanted the UMS explained in terms of where marks were within the grade
Results

Government and Politics: Predicted A / Achieved A

Geography: Predicted A / Achieved A

French: Predicted B / Achieved A

Comments and reactions
Obviously I'm very happy, was very surprised as I was preparing for an AABC (although I would have been happy with that as well). Got As in all the modules apart from the written French exam, which was a high B

Future ambitions
To be happy, results aren't the be all and end all, but I would enjoy going to university or having a higher apprenticeship
Original post by papertown
I got a D in one of my AS modules. Can I still apply for Cambridge?

Cambridge do look at your AS results when considering your application so it might be easier for you to apply for Oxford instead. It's difficult to say how it might affect you without knowing the specifics - I'd speak to one of your teachers and see what they say. Good luck!!
Results
Economics: Predicted A / Achieved A
Chemistry: Predicted B / Achieved A
Biology: Predicted B / Achieved B

Comments and reactions

OCR examiners suck ass. I thought I failed economics and I get screwed over with Biology, the one subject which I wanted to drop

Future ambitions
Drop Biology, and get the 3 A*'s I'm predicted
Results

Biology: Predicted B / Achieved A

Chemistry: Predicted B / Achieved A

Physics: Predicted B / Achieved B

Computer Science: Predicted N/A / Achieved A

Comments and reactions
Very happy with my results! Compsci was self taught so an extra A under my belt is always nice. Hope everyone else is happy too!

Future ambitions
Study medicine at Newcastle, Nottingham, or Bristol!
WELL DONE ON YOUR AMAZING RESULTS EVERYONE!
Here are my results
-FRENCH: Predicted by teachers: A / Predicted by me: A / Actual result: A (I got 100%! So happy!)
-SPANISH: Predicted by teachers: A / Predicted by me: B / Actual result: A
-GOVERNMENT AND POLITICS: Predicted by teachers: B / Predicted by me: C / Actual result: A !! (I got 98% in this which really surprised me!)

I'm so happy, I've had a really tricky year so AAA was such an achievement! I'm dropping politics next year so I will be doing French, Spanish and Psychology (it's linear so all exams are next year!)

Biology: Predicted B/Achieved A

Chemistry: Predicted A/ achieved A

Furthermath predicted A/ Achieved A

Maths predicted A/ Achieved A

Physics Predicted A/ achieved A

Comments and reactions
Only got predicted B in bio as its my least favourite and out of all ofnthem and head of year wanted me to actually put in an effort in it didnt revise for it whole year tbh kinda just did it few days before

Future ambitions
To study mathematics at oxford and contribute greatly to the world of mathematics and mathematical physics, aim to solve yang mills conjecture
Original post by Hildi
I did and I'm really disappointed:
Predicted AAAA
Got AA, B (English) C (History), though my English paper was really weirdly marked and I was one off a B in History. I don't understand what went wrong, I thought I did OK in every paper and I've got As in English from the beginning of the year, and Bs and As in every History essay I've written... Bye bye Oxford at any rate, and all the preparation for it D:

I do the new edexcel english and history AS levels. I was predicted B's in both and got C's in both, however i was very surprised because i did minimal revision for history and thought id really messed it up but actually managed to pass! Well done on your grades, they may not be as high as you wanted but theyre still very impressive and you should be proud of yourself. :smile:
Original post by fayeb1999
Psych: A
Geog: B (resitting paper 2 tho)
History: C (total fluke)
Biology: E
Gen Studs: B

Really annoyed about bio, and need it for what I want to do. Hope they'll let me carry on as i can't stand history. Anyone else feel like :s-smilie:

May I know what you got for GEOG1 , I got a D and and C in GEOG2 which meant I got a D overall - now I need to resit paper 1. How was the results for geography at your school?
Bit of a mixed bag:

French A, 199/200 UMS (How did this happen!?)
Maths A, C1-95 C2-93 S1-99, overall 287/300 UMS
Chemistry A, no idea what my raw mark was
English Lit B, 102/120 raw with 56/60 in one paper and 46/60 in the other

I need 105/120 to get the A in Eng Lit, OCR English can be dodgy so I'm definitely getting a remark especially since there was such a large gap between the two papers.
I am so dropping that sh*t.

Hoped to apply for law at Oxford and LSE among others but I'm a bit worried that the B in English will hinder my chances... praying for a generous remark.

Well done everyone!!!
(edited 7 years ago)
Results

Government and Politics: Predicted A / Achieved A

Economics: Predicted A / Achieved A

History: Predicted A / Achieved A

English Literature: Predicted A / Achieved A

Comments and reactions
What a rollercoaster today has been. I've been predicted A's since the day I entered sixth form, and as the year went on, I got more and more dubious about whether I would actually get them - I had said before this morning that I would be happy with AABB, or ABBB - something of that variation. I am shocked beyond measure, even seven hours later, but extremely proud of myself. I just hope I can live up to it next year - the only one that really counted this time round was GovPol!

Future ambitions
To read law at university - maybe Cambridge, maybe somewhere else. I'm applying for Cambridge, but I won't be heartbroken if I don't get in; I just want to study law.
(edited 7 years ago)
I did absolutely ****.
Maths - 575/600 A*
Chemistry - 135/140 A
Physics - 98/140 A [This is the one I'm most mugged off about] Can't even get an A* prediction now.
My life is over. Absolutely terrible results.
My results:

Biology: A
Chemistry: A
Maths: A
Psychology: A

I don't think I still fully comprehend that I got 4 A's (especially for chemistry which I was hoping I could get a C for) but yeah definitely NOT what I was expecting :biggrin:

Future plans: Medicine (surprise surprise xD) I'm considering Kings, Imperial, Durham, Keele... I'll probably decide after my UKCAT :smile:
Original post by ImagineCats
One moment I'm like "nah there's nothing I can do all will be okay stay calm" then an hour later I'm hysterically crying/screaming in the kitchen petrified about applying in September due to bad results lololol

Same.

Quick Reply

Latest