The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Where can I find the grade boundrie for IGCSE English Language? I've searched everywhere but I can't find it...
There was a year 11 thread before?
Original post by Drewwww
Hey what do you guys think of these a levels for law at Cambridge? Should I change any? They're : - Eng lit, history, maths, and religious studies

Ty!!

There's no option for Law at your school?
Original post by ColossalAtom
There's no option for Law at your school?

No but I think RS is a good substitute? I mean half of it is ethics .. But what about my other three subjects?
Original post by Waveyalex
Now A level results are out i literally cant wait to get my gcse results

Nor me! Which subjects are you getting this year?
Original post by Drewwww
Hey what do you guys think of these a levels for law at Cambridge? Should I change any? They're : - Eng lit, history, maths, and religious studies

Ty!!

I would say definitely stick with Eng lit, history and maths. I'm not really sure if RS is respected or not at A level so I can't really comment on that. Many people say don't take Law if you want to do Law so I wouldn't worry about that :smile:
Original post by Lemur14
Nor me! Which subjects are you getting this year?

As in gcses ?
Original post by Drewwww

Ty!!

they seem pretty solid however I might say leave R.S and just focus on doing really well accross ur three other A levels tbh
As in gcses ?

I thought this was on the year 10 thread oops. I'll change that question to which options did you take?
Original post by Lemur14
I thought this was on the year 10 thread oops. I'll change that question to which options did you take?

nah mate ur on the gcse results thread for yr11s lol
I took
English language and english literature
maths
statistics
double science
Ict
busisness
P.E
Geography
nah mate ur on the gcse results thread for yr11s lol
I took
English language and english literature
maths
statistics
double science
Ict
busisness
P.E
Geography

I'm getting results this year so I'm fine on here :smile:
Which exam board are you for statistics? I'm Edexcel and I found the paper harder than past papers :frown:
Original post by Lemur14
I would say definitely stick with Eng lit, history and maths. I'm not really sure if RS is respected or not at A level so I can't really comment on that. Many people say don't take Law if you want to do Law so I wouldn't worry about that :smile:

Why not take Law if you want to do...Law? That's like saying don't take Maths if you want to do Maths at uni.
Original post by Drewwww
No but I think RS is a good substitute? I mean half of it is ethics .. But what about my other three subjects?

I don't know much about RS, but if you want to be competitive for Law at Cambridge, definitely do four A-levels.
Original post by Lemur14
I'm getting results this year so I'm fine on here :smile:
Which exam board are you for statistics? I'm Edexcel and I found the paper harder than past papers :frown:

yh edexcel was a little bit off this year although by the time i did stats i was worn out
Original post by ColossalAtom
Why not take Law if you want to do...Law? That's like saying don't take Maths if you want to do Maths at uni.

I'm not exactly sure but I've heard it being said many times (and not just on here). It might be similar to, for example, the electronic configuration of an atom in chemistry is different at A level from GCSE. It doesn't matter anyway seeing as it isn't an option where he is going
yh edexcel was a little bit off this year although by the time i did stats i was worn out

I definitely didn't appreciate a Monday morning exam in the middle of 2 weeks of mocks our school kindly decided to put on with 3 weeks notice! Good luck for your results!
Original post by Lemur14
I definitely didn't appreciate a Monday morning exam in the middle of 2 weeks of mocks our school kindly decided to put on with 3 weeks notice! Good luck for your results!

thanks and imagine i had about 4 weeks of real exams
thanks and imagine i had about 4 weeks of real exams

yep, I definitely aren't looking forward to that next year, though you did have more notice for yours :smile:
Original post by Lemur14
yep, I definitely aren't looking forward to that next year, though you did have more notice for yours :smile:

dw teachers and even social media over exaggerate gcses the main point is to get into revising ASAP ideally begining around december -february trsut me if u practice u will be fine it aint that hard
Original post by Drewwww

Ty!!

I think they're decent, I want to do law as well. I've picked History, Economics and Politics.

Latest