The Student Room Group

Applying after A2?

I have just got my AS results back and got Bs in history and classics but an E in spanish meaning I will be predicted AAD. I want ot re-sit but I can only do that in January after UCAS application has closed. Should I apply this year and if so should I bother applying to universities with offers of ABB? Or should I wait until I have my A2 results to apply either through clearing or for the first time?
I am really confused about what to do as the E was such an unexpected result
Sorry for the long message I just really need some advice
Also I want to do Classics at Uni
Reply 1
Original post by bookworm2107
I have just got my AS results back and got Bs in history and classics but an E in spanish meaning I will be predicted AAD. I want ot re-sit but I can only do that in January after UCAS application has closed. Should I apply this year and if so should I bother applying to universities with offers of ABB? Or should I wait until I have my A2 results to apply either through clearing or for the first time?
I am really confused about what to do as the E was such an unexpected result
Sorry for the long message I just really need some advice
Also I want to do Classics at Uni

Are you sure that you can resit in January? AS exams are now only held in the summer, unless your subjects are vastly different. Please cheeck this before making any decisions based on a January resit.

You will have more limited options if you apply through Clearing, as not all unis and courses are available. You'll still have to pay the same fee. You would be better off applying normally, as if you do end up with all rejections you can still try Clearing - but you have your initial 5 choices, and could also use [wiki]UCAS_Extra[/wiki]. So you'd have many more chances to get offers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending