The Student Room Group

Disappointing AS results

Hello All,
Just like many of you I picked up my AS results today I got EEUU which was not what I expected at all as someone who eased through secondary school I'm just so shocked. When I got my results I immediately went home and now I'm in a state of confusion I tired to ring my college to see if I could carry on with my two Es because I know deep down I did not try my hardest at the start of the year but I thought I pulled it back and weather or no I can either restart one AS and be at college for a second year or do a Btec or even a fast track Btec so I can go to uni next year that has always been my goal to go to uni and to take neurology but I'm so confused at the moment. My college was not open as I rang around 5 o'clock they said they will get back to me but I may have to wait till the 2nd for a verdict hopefully we can sort it before then though.
Original post by Unbeatable38
Hello All,
Just like many of you I picked up my AS results today I got EEUU which was not what I expected at all as someone who eased through secondary school I'm just so shocked. When I got my results I immediately went home and now I'm in a state of confusion I tired to ring my college to see if I could carry on with my two Es because I know deep down I did not try my hardest at the start of the year but I thought I pulled it back and weather or no I can either restart one AS and be at college for a second year or do a Btec or even a fast track Btec so I can go to uni next year that has always been my goal to go to uni and to take neurology but I'm so confused at the moment. My college was not open as I rang around 5 o'clock they said they will get back to me but I may have to wait till the 2nd for a verdict hopefully we can sort it before then though.

Your best bet would be to resit the whole year. The good thing is that you have recognised where you have room for improvement, and so this shouldn't be repeated :nah: . Is there no one at school you can speak to before the 2nd?
Hey there, I'm really sorry to hear that your results were not what you were hoping for :frown: It's good that you recognise what you can do to improve, though. How can you ensure that next year you try harder, and more importantly (for now!), how can you convince your school of this?

In the meantime you probably want to start having a look at neurology courses on UCAS and alternate entry requirements to A Levels in case a BTEC ends up being the best option.

I hope you hear back from your college soon and that it's good news :smile:
Original post by Nirgilis
Your best bet would be to resit the whole year. The good thing is that you have recognised where you have room for improvement, and so this shouldn't be repeated :nah: . Is there no one at school you can speak to before the 2nd?

Yeah I have to ring up I tried ringing today after I composed myself but they had shut I will try phoning again tomorrow.
(edited 7 years ago)
Yeah I have to ring up I tired ringing today after I composed myself but they had shut I will try toning again tomorrow.

Good! Let me know how it goes! :h: . Best of luck! :h:
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
Hey there, I'm really sorry to hear that your results were not what you were hoping for :frown: It's good that you recognise what you can do to improve, though. How can you ensure that next year you try harder, and more importantly (for now!), how can you convince your school of this?

In the meantime you probably want to start having a look at neurology courses on UCAS and alternate entry requirements to A Levels in case a BTEC ends up being the best option.

I hope you hear back from your college soon and that it's good news :smile:

Thanks I will look into btec courses but it's just such a specif field that I doubt it if I am allowed to carry on with biology which I got an E in but we did an internal test incase of something like this and retake psychology which I got a U in I could take a Btec and I only need those 2 for the uni specifications
Original post by Nirgilis
Good! Let me know how it goes! :h: . Best of luck! :h:

Thanks sorry for the poor spelling I'm still a bit shooken up so typing is difficult.
Thanks sorry for the poor spelling I'm still a bit shooken up so typing is difficult.

That's completely understandable. It's a horrible time of the year. When this is all sorted out, you will feel relief (even if it seems a long way off), and everything will get a small bit easier :h:

Quick Reply

Latest