The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

ok Thanks !!
Original post by ParadoxSocks
Age isn't taken into consideration at all except for working out whether you're dependent on your parents or classed as an independent applicant.

Oh but i both cases you could get the full grant?
Reply 9342
is 3 marks off an A* in history worth a remark?
someone help on track it says i got into my firm and insurance but havent got any emails from my firm? do I need to do anything else or just wait? it says unconditional for both
Went from BBD at AS to ABB at A2 I will be going to SOAS in one month
A* A* A* A - off to Oxford :smile: so happy!
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
You could suggest sending the DBS from the other university, but don't count on them still accepting you :frown: How have you contacted them? Maybe try asking to speak to someone higher up within admissions? Again, sorry to hear that this has happened.

Someone from clearing contacted me they said they are "full" but if someone drops ring within 24h I guess I'll ask tommorow to speak to someone higher?
Original post by patricio_miguel
A* A* A* A - off to Oxford :smile: so happy!

That's amazing, well done you! :biggrin: What are you doing to celebrate? :h:
Original post by imran_
someone help on track it says i got into my firm and insurance but havent got any emails from my firm? do I need to do anything else or just wait? it says unconditional for both

They might email you in a couple of days. You don't need to do anything else :nah:
Original post by eddso
is 3 marks off an A* in history worth a remark?

Up to you, I'd say that 3UMS is easily close enough but will if affect your university place?

Original post by Samz15
Went from BBD at AS to ABB at A2 I will be going to SOAS in one month

Woo, a great achievement! Well done! :biggrin:
Reply 9350
Original post by imran_

Read your acceptance letter. Which Does it say:
AS12
AS12B
AS12C
AS12N?
Original post by Aph
Read your acceptance letter. Which Does it say:
AS12
AS12B
AS12C
AS12N?

as12n
Reply 9352
Original post by imran_
as12n

Then yeah it's just a wait.
I am posting on behalf of my sister , she got her AS results today which were sociology A, Psychology B, Biology C and Chemistry D. She wants to do medicine she wants to apply for Brighton but is not sure if she will be offed a place with those grades. She is a bit upset with these results, Brighton asks for 3 A grades what should she do. Look at other universitys maybe or a different degree course.
Do you think I should get a remark for A-level english literature I just need 1 UMS point to go from C to B. Is it worth it, even though I got into my firm.
I don't suppose there's any chance of boosting French to an A* with remarks?

FRENCH
Total UMS: 341/400
French 2: 129/140 a* eqv. (AS module resit)
French 3 Option A: 65/70 a*
French 4: 100/140 b

As you can see, it's the French 4 preventing me from getting the A* which I believe I'll need 17 UMS points to boost up to. This year it was 81/100 for an A* in French, I think I got 72ish (104 UMS/74 marks = A).

I know it seems a stretch to try to climb 9 marks, but French is very subjective - I have heard that language essays have been marked unfairly in the past and have received considerable boosts after remark. 9 is a huge stretch yet this is what's preventing me from meeting my firm so I'm doing everything to change the outcome, if there's a semblance of hope.
Original post by flylikeafly
Do you think I should get a remark for A-level english literature I just need 1 UMS point to go from C to B. Is it worth it, even though I got into my firm.

If you're into your firm, I wouldn't both. Save the money :yep:
Original post by claireestelle
Oh then you re in but your insurance hadn't updated as they might not have realised you ve gotten into your firm yet.

Should I do anything or just wait ?
I knew these reforms were going to be the death of me.

:cockup:

Thanks anyway!
I've not met the firm - this is the problem, otherwise I wouldn't consider remarks at all :nopity:

Quick Reply

Latest