The Student Room Group
The reception
Heriot-Watt University
Visit website

Clearing 2016

Hi guys,

We thought we would start a thread on here so you can ask any questions you might have about Clearing. We will be posting various bits of advice between now and results day to help you prepare for any eventuality :redface:

Here's a video you might find handy, from Maria who came through Clearing last year:

[video="youtube;tTT6SvvC2qU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTT6SvvC2qU&index=2&list=PLN38FO_3p5OSg3A0NdTTRUl7Nb RkA2Q-w[/video]

So if you have any queries about clearing, or you are trying to make a shortlist of unis to call then please just drop us a line on here and we will do our best to give you some advice.
Cheers,

Keir, Sophie & Carole
Hey Guys

Happy Results Day :badger:
Just to say we do have places available in Clearing across a range of our subject areas in Engineering, Sciences, Maths, Business, Languages and Design. If you have any questions feel free to post them - even if it's just about Clearing in general we're very happy to help.

Cheers

Sophie
Heriot-Watt Clearing Tem
The reception
Heriot-Watt University
Visit website
if you don't get the grades required to get a offer is there any way of boosting your chances of getting an offer? for example getting references from chemical engineers you've had work experience with to vouch for your capability in the subject, or teachers explaining that your a capable student who had a bad test? or is it all grade based?

cheers
Original post by alexander88
if you don't get the grades required to get a offer is there any way of boosting your chances of getting an offer? for example getting references from chemical engineers you've had work experience with to vouch for your capability in the subject, or teachers explaining that your a capable student who had a bad test? or is it all grade based?

cheers

Hi Alexander,

Unfortunately Chemical Engineering is one of the most competitive courses so we would still need the academic grades alongside references. It is great that you have so much experience but we do need to see academic evidence that you are fully prepared for the course.

Cheers,
Keir
Reply 4
I just got a place through clearing in this univeristy and i have to change my student finance's chosen univeristy which may take up to 6 weeks so i might not be able to get the money to start the course so what would happen as there might be delay occur?
Original post by rayzer
I just got a place through clearing in this univeristy and i have to change my student finance's chosen univeristy which may take up to 6 weeks so i might not be able to get the money to start the course so what would happen as there might be delay occur?

Hi rayzer,

Don't worry about finance, it doesn't need to be with us for day 1 of your course. We know these things take time so lots of students are in the same boat. You will need to bring us your award letter as soon as you get it but don't worry if that isn't until week 2/3 of your course.

Cheers,
Keir :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest