The Student Room Group

how many hours do you go to uni full time?

hi there every one i wanted to know from anyone who attended uni and studied the following courses:
- business management(roehampton, firm offer)
-business information systems(middle sex university, insurance offer)

i really need to know as i will need to merge my part time jobs hours with uni hours please anyone with any ideas?
Reply 1
Original post by theunkownsingh
hi there every one i wanted to know from anyone who attended uni and studied the following courses:
- business management(roehampton, firm offer)
-business information systems(middle sex university, insurance offer)

i really need to know as i will need to merge my part time jobs hours with uni hours please anyone with any ideas?
Not quite sure why you still have unconditional offers for both your firm and insurance?

For a full time degree you should be expecting to invest, on average, about 40 hours a week. Some of this will be at fixed times, and not necessarily at the same time each week for more than a term or two. Your part-time job would need to be fairly flexible to accommodate this, because if your attendance is poor the uni won't take too kindly and certainly will be less sympathetic if you run into difficulties.
Original post by Minerva
Not quite sure why you still have unconditional offers for both your firm and insurance?

For a full time degree you should be expecting to invest, on average, about 40 hours a week. Some of this will be at fixed times, and not necessarily at the same time each week for more than a term or two. Your part-time job would need to be fairly flexible to accommodate this, because if your attendance is poor the uni won't take too kindly and certainly will be less sympathetic if you run into difficulties.
would it be 5 days a week straight or just a couple of days a week sorry i really cant wait need to make arrangements
Reply 3
would it be 5 days a week straight or just a couple of days a week sorry i really cant wait need to make arrangements
It depends on your timetable. It could be that you would have a couple of days a week with no seminars or lectures (and don't be tempted to miss them, it is noticed when you do) in one term, and then in another you've got something every day. This will depend on which options you choose to do. You can't assume that you will be able to guarantee the same free days week after week.
Original post by Minerva
It depends on your timetable. It could be that you would have a couple of days a week with no seminars or lectures (and don't be tempted to miss them, it is noticed when you do) in one term, and then in another you've got something every day. This will depend on which options you choose to do. You can't assume that you will be able to guarantee the same free days week after week.

so really there is no point of getting a part time job unless its on the weekends?
Reply 5
so really there is no point of getting a part time job unless its on the weekends?
It depends what kind of part-time job - some have flexible hours that you can work round your uni commitments.
Reply 6
Call the uni and ask them for an example timetable eg last years first year timetable. I did that and got it no problem to estimate my childcare costs. They said it doesn't differ a lot hours wise year to year
Original post by hfenwick
Call the uni and ask them for an example timetable eg last years first year timetable. I did that and got it no problem to estimate my childcare costs. They said it doesn't differ a lot hours wise year to year

right thank you
Reply 8
Working in the student union part time was a good job for me they know the position your in and are flexible

Posted from TSR Mobile
mondays: 9-5
tuesday: 9-4
wednesday: 9-12
thursday: 9-3
Friday: 9-5
Original post by Pinkberry_y
mondays: 9-5
tuesday: 9-4
wednesday: 9-12
thursday: 9-3
Friday: 9-5

and for what course is this
Original post by liam..
Working in the student union part time was a good job for me they know the position your in and are flexible

Posted from TSR Mobile

i was considering this but obviously will have to wait untill i start uni
and for what course is this

Medicine
Reply 13
i was considering this but obviously will have to wait untill i start uni

on my uni student union website u could apply for certain jobs online i don't if it is the same for your uni but worth a check

Quick Reply

Latest