The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Hi guys do you know when the latest is that a clearing choice can get back to me? I sent my details earlier today (she needed more academic evidence from previous courses) and wanted a copy of my personal statement and CV for work experience emailed and she said she'd get back to me either "at the end of today" or in the morning. Should I just sit tight? I suppose there's not much more I could tell them now
can anyone help me? I was accepted into adjustment this morning but track doesn't show it.
Accepted through phone call and was sent an email to enter in the course but there is no option.
@Aph @Sacred Ground how did you both do? TSR was moving so fat I couldn't keep up 😂
Reply 9363
Original post by elen90
I knew these reforms were going to be the death of me.

:cockup:

Thanks anyway!

That's new?
Original post by moonandstars
Hi guys do you know when the latest is that a clearing choice can get back to me? I sent my details earlier today (she needed more academic evidence from previous courses) and wanted a copy of my personal statement and CV for work experience emailed and she said she'd get back to me either "at the end of today" or in the morning. Should I just sit tight? I suppose there's not much more I could tell them now

Whenever they want really. And they shouldn't have needed your PS if you gave them your clearing number?
Original post by Wired_1800
Don't shut the door to Oxbridge. You never know. there are people in your situation, who reapplied to Oxbridge and got in.

Manchester is also a good choice.

I think that as long as you have a strong application plus grades, it will be difficult to say no to you. Besides, if you have a decent internship or apprenticeship, then your case becomes stronger than others.

Also, please make use of all your 5 choices. I know that you may really love your firm choice, but it is good to have two shortlisted options with an insurance for any eventuality.

Don't be stressed about this situation. You can make the most of your year ahead.

All the best. :smile:

Thank you :smile:

Is it possible to make an application without showing my grades ?
Original post by flylikeafly
Do you think I should get a remark for A-level english literature I just need 1 UMS point to go from C to B. Is it worth it, even though I got into my firm.

Personally I would, because you put your A-level grades on your CV and they play a role, most definitely in anything you apply for in your first year at uni, and maybe to some extent after that but I am not concrete on that.
Reply 9366
Original post by emiloujess
@Aph @Sacred Ground how did you both do? TSR was moving so fat I couldn't keep up 😂

AAB Distinction so I'm in my firm, technically eligible for adjustment although I don't want it. So I'm really happy yeah :smile:
Did AQA A2 Biology ruin anyone else's life or just mine lol :frown:
Original post by OriginalLifelin
Thank you :smile:

Is it possible to make an application without showing my grades ?

I don't think so. There will not be a good standard of measurement to compare you to other candidates.

You need to show your grades. the key point is to show that you are progressing. if you get an A, retake and get an A*, that is progress and good. However, if you drop from an A to a B, then it is bad.

My opinion is that you show good grades i.e. "A" or "A*" grades. Then you show other things that make you stand out from the crowd. Remember that you won't be the only kid with A or A* grades. So you need to tell them, here is why I am awesome, but not in an arrogant way.

Good luck.
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
That's amazing, well done you! :biggrin: What are you doing to celebrate? :h:

Drinking haha 😂
Original post by Aph
That's new?

Whenever they want really. And they shouldn't have needed your PS if you gave them your clearing number?

I think it was due to the nature of the course and my quite unique circumstances because I needed to provide extra information to help them make their decision as to whether I could come down for an interview (it's a healthcare course) so she asked me to just put everything in an email so she could look at it all at once and make a decision :smile:
Original post by angoranimi

So sorry to hear that, Edexcel biology certainly ruined mine
Last year I got 61/98 points in my AS paper, this year (after resitting it) I got 92/96 marks :smile: Re-sit it!

A coeur vaillant, rien d'impossible :wink:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by angoranimi

Chem for me. Of the AQA kind.
Original post by the.chantele
Got C C D for my first linear year in AS.
Since we would have to do it again, next year l have to ace everything: mocks, homework etc.

Im dissapointed with my grades and l'm willing to change them next year as high as possible.

Can you still apply for good uni's and what will you now do?
Original post by cookiemonster15
Chem for me. Of the AQA kind.

agreed.
Original post by Aph
AAB Distinction so I'm in my firm, technically eligible for adjustment although I don't want it. So I'm really happy yeah :smile:

Well done 😊 Congratulations I'm so happy for you! 🎉
Original post by k_popper
I am relying solely on edexcel A2 Maths for my A* for med school. I am dying with frustration.. kinda want to see my results. Kinda don't:s-smilie:.

Awe how did it go? I hope it went alright, it will all work out.
Original post by Wired_1800
I don't think so. There will not be a good standard of measurement to compare you to other candidates.

You need to show your grades. the key point is to show that you are progressing. if you get an A, retake and get an A*, that is progress and good. However, if you drop from an A to a B, then it is bad.

My opinion is that you show good grades i.e. "A" or "A*" grades. Then you show other things that make you stand out from the crowd. Remember that you won't be the only kid with A or A* grades. So you need to tell them, here is why I am awesome, but not in an arrogant way.

Good luck.

Thanks for the advice! Feel so lost right now have nothing planned.
So happy! Went from BBC to A*AA and met my offer for Warwick :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest