The Student Room Group

Anyone get bad results at AS but mint results at A2??

Plz... I need some success stories to make me feel better

:burnout:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Glutenfree

Hi there :hugs:. I'm sorry to hear things didn't quite the way you expected. Not AS to A2 but I did get a D in Further Maths originally and retook to get an A today. I hope this helps.
I don't have a success story but if it makes you feel better, I feel rubbish too. Today was not a good day
My cousin who is now a dentist got grade C's at AS in bio and Chem
At A2 she got A's

Hope this helps :smile: Xx
Reply 4
Original post by Kvothe the arcane
Hi there :hugs:. I'm sorry to hear things didn't quite the way you expected. Not AS to A2 but I did get a D in Further Maths originally and retook to get an A today. I hope this helps.

Omg well done!!
The opposite for me 😂
Reply 6
Got CCDD for my AS results (3yrs ago). After seven retakes (16 exams in total) and no social life, that got transformed into ABBa. Should have been AABa but was a few UMS off in Maths!

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)

What did you get in AS? If your doing new Reformed A levels than don't worry it will be extremely easy to do way better than AS.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by AppleB
My cousin who is now a dentist got grade C's at AS in bio and Chem
At A2 she got A's

Hope this helps :smile: Xx

How did she get her predicted grades?
Mine weren't amazing but I know my stuff and this I a after a few years out so I should be able to gain A grades as the exams are now decoupled.
Reply 9
Original post by TheAlphaParticle
What did you get in AS? If your doing new Reformed A levels than don't worry it will be extremely easy to do way better than AS.

Hi. Why will it be easier to do better at a2 with reformed a levels???
Original post by Anfanny
How did she get her predicted grades?
Mine weren't amazing but I know my stuff and this I a after a few years out so I should be able to gain A grades as the exams are now decoupled.

She told her teachers she'd work hard and her teachers already knew she was a hard working pupil.
A friend's brother got Bs and Cs at A2 (and possibly even a D), and went on to get A*A*A overall. He redid a lot of his AS units, but didn't take an extra year.

Yah, I got EEED in my first year I messed around and did not do any work it was my own fault, I took bio, physics, psychology n maths. I dropped physics (which i had a D in) and continued with the 3 Es, i collected my results yesterday and got A*BD. I couldn't quite believed the A* tbh i did resit modules and i focused alot on the resits...the D in maths however may not be a great improvement but im planning on retaking D1 and C3 to get a B overall hopefully.
Yeah I got DEUU at AS and got AA in my A2's and a B in my AS I picked up this year :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
This thread is really encouraging me as well thanks for making it

Posted from TSR Mobile
After being a straight A*/A student at GCSE I got BCCD in History, English lit, Politics and Philosophy respectively. Dropped english and retook the whole of Philosophy AS and a D grade Politics paper. After getting 94/100 UMS in my politics resit and an A in the philosophy one, I ended up with AAC! The C was in history and was unexpected, but i still got accepted to do History and Philosophy somehow!

I must also mention that I struggled mentally throughout Sixth Form and anyone else who is struggling shouldn't be discouraged. From September to December of Year 13 I missed more than half of school, was getting straight D's and was about to get kicked out, all due to a nervous breakdown which was absolutely paralysing. When I went back to school around January my teachers and head of year were telling me to take it easy and just aim for passing and maybe look at doing an apprenticeship, because I had missed so much school it was unlikely I could catch up. I could't even bring myself to think of applying for uni since I had missed the January 15th deadline, but after exams a put a personal statement together and managed to submit a late application literally 10 minutes before the June 30th deadline! Somehow I got 5 offers and wasn't expecting to meet them, but, as I said, ended up with AAC. I know this is a little long, but I wish I had something like this to read when things got tough. Don't let mental struggles drag you down, keep going and never settle for less!
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by mmm19
After being a straight A*/A student at GCSE I got BCCD in History, English lit, Politics and Philosophy respectively. Dropped english and retook the whole of Philosophy AS and a D grade Politics paper. After getting 94/100 UMS in my politics resit and an A in the philosophy one, I ended up with AAC! The C was in history and was unexpected, but i still got accepted to do History and Philosophy somehow!

I must also mention that I struggled mentally throughout Sixth Form and anyone else who is struggling shouldn't be discouraged. From September to December of Year 13 I missed more than half of school, was getting straight D's and was about to get kicked out, all due to a nervous breakdown which was absolutely paralysing. When I went back to school around January my teachers and head of year were telling me to take it easy and just aim for passing and maybe look at doing an apprenticeship, because I had missed so much school it was unlikely I could catch up. I could't even bring myself to think of applying for uni since I had missed the January 15th deadline, but after exams a put a personal statement together and managed to submit a late application literally 10 minutes before the June 30th deadline! Somehow I got 5 offers and wasn't expecting to meet them, but, as I said, ended up with AAC. I know this is a little long, but I wish I had something like this to read when things got tough. Don't let mental struggles drag you down, keep going and never settle for less!

Congratulations you deserve it wow

Posted from TSR Mobile
As: Abc
a2: A*ab
I remember there was some user on here who got CCEU or something, retook the year and got A*AAB then got into LSE for Economics.
Reply 19
There were two As and 1B in my Maths AS class and majority Ds Es and Us with maybe 1 or 2 Cs. The A2 class got quite a few As and Bs and a couple A*s. A guy at my school who got something like CEU at AS just got A*A*B and is now going to UCL IIRC from my facebook.

Quick Reply

Latest