The Student Room Group

External Exam Fees

Hello there, I just need some help clarifying somethings.I plan to study Maths Biology and Chemistry externally. For Biology and Chemistry I'm using the AQA exam board and for Maths Edexcel. I went onto the AQA website to find the entry fees and it was £40 for both Bio and Chem. Here's the question Am I paying £40 to sit all 3 individual biology and chemistry exams or to sit one paper? I also went to the edexcel website and the fees for AS maths and A2 maths are 48.45 and 96.90 respectively. with AS and A2 maths there are 3 modules for each one.So am I paying 48.45 for each individual AS module or as a Collective?
Reply 1
Original post by siblessi123
Hello there, I just need some help clarifying somethings.I plan to study Maths Biology and Chemistry externally. For Biology and Chemistry I'm using the AQA exam board and for Maths Edexcel. I went onto the AQA website to find the entry fees and it was £40 for both Bio and Chem. Here's the question Am I paying £40 to sit all 3 individual biology and chemistry exams or to sit one paper? I also went to the edexcel website and the fees for AS maths and A2 maths are 48.45 and 96.90 respectively. with AS and A2 maths there are 3 modules for each one.So am I paying 48.45 for each individual AS module or as a Collective?

You'll have to pay whatever the exam centre charges and that will be a lot more than the exam board fees. The exam board will charge the exam centre an overall fee for all the A level exams for linear A levels (Biology and Chemistry) but the Maths units are charged for separately - here are 6 at about £12-16 each
Reply 2
Original post by Compost
You'll have to pay whatever the exam centre charges and that will be a lot more than the exam board fees. The exam board will charge the exam centre an overall fee for all the A level exams for linear A levels (Biology and Chemistry) but the Maths units are charged for separately - here are 6 at about £12-16 each

okay that makes sense thank you very much

Quick Reply

Latest