The Student Room Group

Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tomtjl
Can you evolve it into a Dragonite or just a Dragonair? If Dragonite, then go for it but if not then definitely wait for the full 125 candies.

Anybody know some good locations for catching Dratini? Been visiting nests recently but I've not read or heard about any Dratini nests :frown:.

Why does it matter doing 25 now and 100 later compared to 25 and 100 immediately?
Had to delete Pokemon GO with exam results no leisure for me for a while... :cry:
Original post by Maz A
Had to delete Pokemon GO with exam results no leisure for me for a while... :cry:

I'm sure they weren't all THAT bad.
Anyway, you know what you did wrong. Just don't let it happen again. =)
Original post by inhuman
Why does it matter doing 25 now and 100 later compared to 25 and 100 immediately?

I'm too impatient to wait for the full amount, but you might get a Pokemon with higher CP than the one you evolved while trying to collect the 100 candies.

Visited a Charmander nest today, and the first Pokemon I got there was Blastoise 😄. *Also got a Poliwrath (stronger than the one I already had) and enough candies for Charmeleon. *Still like 80 candies away from Charizard though.
Loving this Magikarp farm. 253 candies already. All been pretty bad so far, but I got another 38 to go before I need a good one :biggrin:
Original post by inhuman

Because in between that time you'll level up and almost certainly catch a better one. I've done it with so many Pokemon and wasted so many candies.

Original post by DarkMagic
I'm too impatient to wait for the full amount, but you might get a Pokemon with higher CP than the one you evolved while trying to collect the 100 candies.

Visited a Charmander nest today, and the first Pokemon I got there was Blastoise 😄. *Also got a Poliwrath (stronger than the one I already had) and enough candies for Charmeleon. *Still like 80 candies away from Charizard though.

If you're in London then Blackheath is a great Charmander nest, managed to get all 125 candies within about 5 hours or so.
Original post by tomtjl
Because in between that time you'll level up and almost certainly catch a better one. I've done it with so many Pokemon and wasted so many candies.

If you're in London then Blackheath is a great Charmander nest, managed to get all 125 candies within about 5 hours or so.

Ah I see. But well then getting 125 again rather than 100 is also not much more.
Original post by inhuman
Ah I see. But well then getting 125 again rather than 100 is also not much more.

True, but what's the point? You don't gain anything out of evolving it early but you have a potential loss of 25 candies - that could power up your Dragonite 6-8 times.

In the end, do whatever you feel is best. I'm just giving my advice :tongue:.
Reply 1388
Original post by inhuman
Loving this Magikarp farm. 253 candies already. All been pretty bad so far, but I got another 38 to go before I need a good one :biggrin:

I have 800+ candies and not seen a single Magikarp over CP 136. I'm level 21 as well. What about you?
Original post by UWS
I have 800+ candies and not seen a single Magikarp over CP 136. I'm level 21 as well. What about you?

Ah lol they are all that bad? I have discarded one that was 172 recently. I just turned 21, too.
Original post by tomtjl
True, but what's the point? You don't gain anything out of evolving it early but you have a potential loss of 25 candies - that could power up your Dragonite 6-8 times.

In the end, do whatever you feel is best. I'm just giving my advice :tongue:.

Fair point. Just impatient I guess.
Reply 1391
Original post by inhuman
Ah lol they are all that bad? I have discarded one that was 172 recently. I just turned 21, too.

I guess I'm just unlucky then. I honestly have caught 200 magikarps and all of them less than CP136, what a joke
Original post by UWS
I guess I'm just unlucky then. I honestly have caught 200 magikarps and all of them less than CP136, what a joke

Yeah, that's a joke. On around 200 candy (and already have a Gyarados) and I've had 163 as my highest, but it had poor IVs. Had 2 Magikarp that were 100% IVs, 146 and 150 I think.
Original post by tomtjl
Yeah, that's a joke. On around 200 candy (and already have a Gyarados) and I've had 163 as my highest, but it had poor IVs. Had 2 Magikarp that were 100% IVs, 146 and 150 I think.

What resource you use for IVs? I used the one where you guess the circle but then went to the spreadsheet which should be more accurate but for almost all just gives a range.
Gah.. saw a CP 520 Eevee - used a razz berry and ultra ball but it ran away :frown:

Up to about 32 evolutions now. Just over halfway to my target of 50 evolutions..
Original post by Zerforax
Gah.. saw a CP 520 Eevee - used a razz berry and ultra ball but it ran away :frown:

Up to about 32 evolutions now. Just over halfway to my target of 50 evolutions..

Unlucky!

And why just 50? I am sure if you are systematic you can at least do 60 with an egg.
Original post by inhuman
Unlucky!

And why just 50? I am sure if you are systematic you can at least do 60 with an egg.

Partly because I'm impatient and partly from past experience. With my first lucky egg, I managed 43 evolutions with a lot of new entries into the pokedex. With my second lucky egg I managed 35 evolutions but had about 10 minutes left. So I think I can manage 50 evolutions (have a few new entries and also will need to trade in a bunch of pidgeys for extra evolution).

Ugh hatched 2x 10k eggs this morning - Omanyte and a Magmar (both of which I already have). Magmar is CP 1260 which isn't too bad with an IV range of 80-87% and now I have close to 50 magmar candies with not much use..
Partly because I'm impatient and partly from past experience. With my first lucky egg, I managed 43 evolutions with a lot of new entries into the pokedex. With my second lucky egg I managed 35 evolutions but had about 10 minutes left. So I think I can manage 50 evolutions (have a few new entries and also will need to trade in a bunch of pidgeys for extra evolution).

Ugh hatched 2x 10k eggs this morning - Omanyte and a Magmar (both of which I already have). Magmar is CP 1260 which isn't too bad with an IV range of 80-87% and now I have close to 50 magmar candies with not much use..

I wonder why it takes so long for you. Have you tried looking at a stopwatch? See how long the actual evolution takes, how long it takes you to click between pokemon?
Original post by inhuman
I wonder why it takes so long for you. Have you tried looking at a stopwatch? See how long the actual evolution takes, how long it takes you to click between pokemon?

I could probably be more organised. It's not efficient to trade pokemon in for candies potentially so maybe I drop that too? I've still got 3 eggs left so I'm not that fussed about a handful of extra evolutions.
I could probably be more organised. It's not efficient to trade pokemon in for candies potentially so maybe I drop that too? I've still got 3 eggs left so I'm not that fussed about a handful of extra evolutions.

Yea don't trade in, just wait a couple more days til you have enough. Also note that you automatically get 1 candy for evolution.

Quick Reply

Latest