The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by davidguettafan
Sorry to hear your story ... But how can you forgive them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think that holding my anger and hatred towards them would only eat away at me. After secondary school, I moved to my current sixth form in a different part of the country. I know that I'll most likely never see the people who bullied me again, which is another reason why I let my anger go. It did take me a long time but I eventually managed to forgive them.
Physical. Verbal. Chants of "Fag" and the like, ostracism, punches, exclusion, sneers and snorts whenever I said something.

One time, in the bathroom, I was cornered by a dude who leapt up and hung on to the bathroom stall(Because in North America, they're stalls unlike British ones) and watched me poop before mimicking me washing my hands and sneeringly mumbling out "Wash my hands. Wash my hands."

I wasn't gay. I just grew up in a rural Ontario area and liked to read and had a family without a lot of money, so bam. That all changed the moment I left.
Original post by Harold Godwinson
Tbh I wasn't after a debate on the matter. Why do other people have to get so arsey when it comes to someone talking to a girl? You're entitled to your opinion dude, but can you stay out of it if it doesn't concern you. Saves a lot of argument.

what? your so butthurt
Original post by Hashtosh302
what? your so butthurt

Not "butthurt" I just can't be asked having this fairly meaningless conversation.
Original post by Harold Godwinson
Not "butthurt" I just can't be asked having this fairly meaningless conversation.

neither can i but you know im right
Original post by Hashtosh302
neither can i but you know im right

Yeah I know more then anyone it's right, it's such a cliche. I even admitted it was bs, but can't you see I was trying to cheer up that girl. Call it my good deed for the day. As long as it gives the girl some confidence then what harm does it do? So leave it there, alright. I won't be bothering to reply so save your breath.
Tbh, I suffered hell before I went to college (well, im still getting some abuse, but not as extreme or as much), because I would have at least a 100 negative comments about me every day; how "ugly" I am, the fact I'm deaf and my mum left when I was two, how I spoke (even though I spoke perfectly well for a deaf person) and so on. There was one point where someone threw chilli sauce at me and it landed in my eye, which burned like ****, causing me to lash out and attack people when they get too close (thank god I barely do that now at college). Because of the hell I've been through, I can barely say anything without worrying that I'm going to say something that will make people laugh at me and I even snap at some people when they give me some nicknames (even though their harmless names) because of all the name calling I received before now. It's horrible really, knowing that you may never grow out of this constant fear of people throwing hate for being deaf, mildly autistic and bisexual.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hellborn Phoenix
Tbh, I suffered hell before I went to college (well, im still getting some abuse, but not as extreme or as much), because I would have at least a 100 negative comments about me every day; how "ugly" I am, the fact I'm deaf and my mum left when I was two, how I spoke (even though I spoke perfectly well for a deaf person) and so on. There was one point where someone threw chilli sauce at me and it landed in my eye, which burned like ****, causing me to lash out and attack people when they get too close (thank god I barely do that now at college). Because of the hell I've been through, I can barely say anything without worrying that I'm going to say something that will make people laugh at me and I even snap at some people when they give me some nicknames (even though their harmless names) because of all the name calling I received before now. It's horrible really, knowing that you may never grow out of this constant fear of people throwing hate for being deaf, mildly autistic and bisexual.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had hell as well at secondary school, sorry to hear your story :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did anyone else suffer from horrific bullying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
So sorry to hear your experience, I have also been scarred for life by the bullying I suffered :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

So sorry to hear your experience, I have also been scarred for life by the bullying I suffered :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

To be fair I get the echos of the torment I endured quite frequently and if I met any of these bullies in this present day I would be going on a 1 way ticket to prison. Highly likely. I find it best to let my rage out on them indirectly. Get a punch bag or place a bet on their favourite football team loosing etc.
Original post by illegaltobepoor
To be fair I get the echos of the torment I endured quite frequently and if I met any of these bullies in this present day I would be going on a 1 way ticket to prison. Highly likely. I find it best to let my rage out on them indirectly. Get a punch bag or place a bet on their favourite football team loosing etc.

Haha good ideas, thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Who else got bullied?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Who else got bullied?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't be ashamed

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest