The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Economics Unit 3 (ECON3) 20th June 2016 OFFICIAL THREAD

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous_18
The question was why is it allocatively efficient..not about the allocation of resources..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wrong. I wrote down all questions i did because i type my exams and type very fast so had time left over to remember them all (even the bit at about there being "countless, small local car manufacturers" in the "mid 20th century" )

It was essentially about allocative efficiency- that's what you should have wrote the most about- but the question wording was different i.e. why pc allocates resources efficiently.

Chain of reasoning includes showing diagram how in the long run no supernormal profit is made so the firms aim to be as efficient as possible in order to lower production costs etc
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by alevelting
Wrong. I wrote down all questions i did because i type my exams and type very fast so had time left over to remember them all (even the bit at about there being "countless, small local car manufacturers" in the "mid 20th century" )

It was essentially about allocative efficiency- that's what you should have wrote the most about- but the question wording was different i.e. why pc allocates resources efficiently.

Chain of reasoning includes showing diagram how in the long run no supernormal profit is made so the firms aim to be as efficient as possible in order to lower production costs etc

So I was right to talk about costs even though the question only asked allocative?
i can't see any meaning of talking what did u put in the exam
it's all over guys , don't be silly
lets get ready for unit 4
What did people get as the numerical answer for the first question in context 2
Original post by BirdIsWord
So I was right to talk about costs even though the question only asked allocative?

To be honest I don't know, I'm not great with the efficiencies. I more did that question because I knew I could get analysis marks in explaining PC and just bull****ing my way for the rest of it, I did it mainly for the easy 25 marker.
I got an E in this paper but an A in Unit 4?! I don't understand how this happened, I knew I'd done worse in Micro but not *that* much worse. Ugh. Hopefully I can get a successful remark.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Edminzodo
I got an E in this paper but an A in Unit 4?! I don't understand how this happened, I knew I'd done worse in Micro but not *that* much worse. Ugh. Hopefully I can get a successful remark.

Posted from TSR Mobile

what UMS did you get in econ 4 ? im so dissapointed too.. got 78 ums and 75 :frown:
Original post by Anymorefor123
what UMS did you get in econ 4 ? im so dissapointed too.. got 78 ums and 75 :frown:

83 in ECON4, 94 in my ECON2 retake so I need a high D grade to get an A overall. Ugh.
Original post by Edminzodo
83 in ECON4, 94 in my ECON2 retake so I need a high D grade to get an A overall. Ugh.

How did the rest of your subjects go?
Original post by Exceptional
How did the rest of your subjects go?

A*A and an A* in the EPQ, so I was really pleased with the rest, just fuming over Economics. Sigh. You?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending