The Student Room Group

Is changing university after one year possible?

I wont go in to too much detail but i was wondering if I accept a university place here in England, then take the SAT (exam for the US) in October, November or December 2016 and get a place at an american university, would I be able to just change university from the one in the UK to the one in the US? I mean it's basically like going to one university for a gap year and then going to another university at the end of that gap year. Does this count as a transfer or not as i'd be applying to the other university as an undergraduate? I ask because i know that some universities have transfer programs but in these programs you are competing with a different pool of applicants which, usually, is much more difficult.
Reply 1
Yea it depends on your course and the uni you want to change to. If the modules are similar then you can transfer your credits across, of course you'd need to apply through UCAS again though.

If you want to do a new course then you probably won't be able to transfer your credits.

I remember applying to change unis but I stuck with my one in the end.
Reply 2
Original post by Icyytea
I wont go in to too much detail but i was wondering if I accept a university place here in England, then take the SAT (exam for the US) in October, November or December 2016 and get a place at an american university, would I be able to just change university from the one in the UK to the one in the US? I mean it's basically like going to one university for a gap year and then going to another university at the end of that gap year. Does this count as a transfer or not as i'd be applying to the other university as an undergraduate? I ask because i know that some universities have transfer programs but in these programs you are competing with a different pool of applicants which, usually, is much more difficult.

What about the loans? You will still have to repay a year's worth of SFE.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending